Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just tell that horrible club to F off

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rubbish this season in a rubbish team.

Hype has gone away.
I've got 2 close West Ham supporting mates and they won't have it even if I make the merest suggestion he's overrated. Very good midfield player, tidy, good for England, but they talk in terms of him being in a different stratosphere to how I see him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Selling him in January when we’ve lost Mwepu and still not got Moder back would be insane. Something our Tony isn’t.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Arsenal bid for Rice, Chelsea gazump them and then don’t need Caicedo………..Tony’s price is too high for everyone else, then we’re sorted for this season at least 🤞

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Rice is an incredible player at PL level. Probably the only young (ish) player that gets close to Caicedo. He'd be a great signing for Arsenal or Chelsea. So hopefully they fight over him and leave our boy alone.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I can’t see him going in January the agent appointment will be to work from now until the summer on potential suitors and for the club to sell they would he going directly against the head coach who has asked for no outgoings this window. I am sure Chelsea will have a go with their chequebook this window but can’t see the player rushing there when it looks hugely unlikely they will be playing CL football next season.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Seriously though, not that exchanges happen often, but given he will leave eventually I'd take money plus Colwill. We take 30 million up front, plus add ons. Get the best young CB in the country and sign someone like Ilic for half that price. Is it 100 million, no but it's still a hell of a profit. Colwill is that good that that seems a decent deal to me. If we get two decent seasons out of Colwill we'd make another 50-80 million from him and the system continues.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seriously though, not that exchanges happen often, but given he will leave eventually I'd take money plus Colwill. We take 30 million up front, plus add ons. Get the best young CB in the country and sign someone like Ilic for half that price. Is it 100 million, no but it's still a hell of a profit. Colwill is that good that that seems a decent deal to me. If we get two decent seasons out of Colwill we'd make another 50-80 million from him and the system continues.
Glad Tony does the deals, not you. Caicedo is worth c£80m ish now, we’re not paying c£50m for a 19 year old (ignoring addons)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Glad Tony does the deals, not you. Caicedo is worth c£80m ish now, we’re not paying c£50m for a 19 year old (ignoring addons)
At some point teams (even small south American ones) are going to say 'you guys have got a lot of money, we want more for this player' as well as 'if you're after them there probably worth more than we realised'. If we sell both Mac and Moises for around 80 million in the summer it's going to be VERY hard to find bargains, let alone players that rarely exist (left footed, ball playing CBs).

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
At some point teams (even small south American ones) are going to say 'you guys have got a lot of money, we want more for this player' as well as 'if you're after them there probably worth more than we realised'. If we sell both Mac and Moises for around 80 million in the summer it's going to be VERY hard to find bargains, let alone players that rarely exist (left footed, ball playing CBs).
How would that work though? Would the selling club start shouting about it as soon as Brighton contacted them? We would just need to start pretending we are interested and getting clubs to buy some flops!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here