Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Live in the moment and just enjoy the brilliance of Caicedo, Mac A, Mitoma, RDZ.

The Chavski obsession is detracting from that.
You're right he'll not be sold this Jan.

Come the summer Tony will be be looking at Champions League and acting accordingly with players contracts. Chelsea will be looking at off loading loads due to a huge cut in income.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You're right he'll not be sold this Jan.

Come the summer Tony will be be looking at Champions League and acting accordingly with players contracts. Chelsea will be looking at off loading loads due to a huge cut in income.
I used to fret like others here.

The Cuckoo and Potter departures were a great education to me. Why were TB and PB so calm? We now know, because they have exemplary contingency planning based on a wealth of closely-guarded research.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
As much as we all love Moises and don't want him to leave Tony Bloom knows that currently Chelsea are paying over the odds for players and that it won't last.
Take Chelsea out of the picture and he probably would fetch £60/£70m in the summer.
However, as CFC have demonstrated with Cucurella and Mudryk they will pay above market value and outbid anyone else. There is probably a good chance of getting about £20m more from Chelsea than other clubs may pay.
This also opens up the possibility of negotiating a deal to sign Colwill.
Caicedo is a massive asset and Tony is holding all the aces.

After Potter and Cucurella's departure we all know that if Chelsea want to overpay and match Brighton's price that this transfer could well happen.
If we could get Colwill somehow the blow would be softened. Plus, we know that our recruitment team will be lining up some very decent alternatives already.
Every player has a price.
We don't like it, but we have to accept where we are in the food chain.

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
As much as we all love Moises and don't want him to leave Tony Bloom knows that currently Chelsea are paying over the odds for players and that it won't last.
Take Chelsea out of the picture and he probably would fetch £60/£70m in the summer.
However, as CFC have demonstrated with Cucurella and Mudryk they will pay above market value and outbid anyone else. There is probably a good chance of getting about £20m more from Chelsea than other clubs may pay.

After Potter and Cucurella's departure we all know that if Chelsea want to overpay and match Brighton's price that this transfer could well happen.
If we could get Colwill somehow the blow would be softened. Plus, we know that our recruitment team will be lining up some very decent alternatives already.
No expert, but is how I think it should (and is) working. Great post 👍

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Agree with all of this apart from the last sentence. This side has the potential to be at the very sharp end of this year’s PL. If Newcastle are mentioned as top 4 candidates then so are we. Food chains can be disrupted. Big aging carnivores can be taken down by younger, hungrier and more motivated competitors. DO NOT SELL ANYONE. If anything ADD teeth.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Interesting that one of the rent a gobs on Sky’s transfer show just said Chelsea will probably wait until the summer before making a move for a midfielder.
I watched this also and you knew as a Brighton fan exactly who he was talking about. Next week you will see the rumours/gossip ramp up and I would imagine Moises name being touted the most. Chelsea will wait and see IF any of the big hitters make a move. If they do they will gazump any offer like they did with Mudryk and then the balls in Blooms court. If no other club bids for him, Chelsea may well keep their powder dry until the summer. Either way it's a win win for us. Like others have said b4...let's enjoy this season with no one going and see how we fare. UTA

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I just think £70 m plus colwill is too nice. Upfront cash of £100m is the very minimum for me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I always thought Declan Rice was Chelsea’s or MU’s big midfield target - has he slipped off their radars?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here