Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mitoma

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
His performance was worthy of MotD doing a little highlight reel on him as part of their analysis of our game.

He's a player that fans of most clubs won't even have heard of before.
And the thing that surprised me is that he is 25 and coming into his peak years. He's not one of these young kids we are trying to gently integrate. So where did he come from (other than USG) :wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
f*** me, this is the standard of punditry nowadays - you’d be hard pushed to find a more blatant red :lol:
Madness isn't it. He said if the ref hadn't given it, VAR wouldn't have. What was he watching?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I hope the card wibble doesn’t end up distracting or earn him a reputation with some, he’s too good for that

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And the thing that surprised me is that he is 25 and coming into his peak years. He's not one of these young kids we are trying to gently integrate. So where did he come from (other than USG) :wink:
Funnily enough, I just went to look up how old he is.

@Papa Lazarou and I were discussing how the Japanese market does feel relatively untapped. I know Celtic have seen some success drawing from there, but are there any other Japanese players in the Premier League right now?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He was so, so good in Kawasaki with Damiao, Kobayashi and Ienaga.

Due to how the system works over there players usually don't make their league debut until they're 20, 21 or so, meaning they go undiscovered for longer than usual.

When clubs from big leagues look at players from smaller ones, they primarly look at players who are in their late teens and if someone is a bit older they think there's no point in bothering. Luckily Brighton are a bit more clever than that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Funnily enough, I just went to look up how old he is.

@Papa Lazarou and I were discussing how the Japanese market does feel relatively untapped. I know Celtic have seen some success drawing from there, but are there any other Japanese players in the Premier League right now?
The fullback bloke in Arsenal.. can't remember his name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here