Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Microsoft Joke

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Oh, and 1995 is when Microsoft A: bought part of UUNET, the largest ISP in the US at the time and b: started MSN as an ISP

1993/4 was when Gates made his stupid statements.

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Are you sure it's 160, i doubled it three times and got 42...which is the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything - so I must be right!

:ohmy:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
MYOB said:
1993/4 was when Gates made his stupid statements.

The comment, in particular related/linked Microsoft transcripts, have been purged from the internet, so its difficult to say for sure, but there are references that he made the statement during a press conference launching MSN, in.... 1995.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
My God. Is this joke/thread relevant to anyone in the world more than it is to MYOB? I don't think so. :jester:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
beorhthelm said:
The comment, in particular related/linked Microsoft transcripts, have been purged from the internet, so its difficult to say for sure, but there are references that he made the statement during a press conference launching MSN, in.... 1995.

Ah well. Its not like Microsoft are ever able to jump a trend at the right time anyway - XBox was a generation late, Windows Longhorn will be outclassed on at least two sides (Novell and Apple) before it comes out, etc

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Juan Albion said:
I'm sure someone could write a script of how the discussion would go the first time MYOB and his girlfriend discussed how to put a condom on.

Yes, but it would be an HTML script.

:jester:

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
MYOB said:
In 1995 I moved from IEUNET to Ireland On Line as my ISP. Both were General Internet ISP's, no AOL stylee lockins. Sure, IOL had its own IRC servers, usenet, etc, but it did give you real internet access

Weren't you EIGHT YEARS OLD in 1995? :jester:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
MYOB said:
Yes, yes I was

You have *no idea* quite how weird I am....

Are you the offspring of an Acorn BBC and a Spectrum ZX?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Windows is way too late with Longhorn, not when we have MAC OSX and Linux.

When Crossover office on Linux sort out those paint problems I can migrate to Linux full time.

I know Linux will never be the OS of choice, and I know Linux is a pain in the butt, but at least it offers an escape from Spyware and bloody viruses and also Microsoft.

Microsoft has two objectives, to put companies off from going to Open Source and Linux servers and also to displace Google, which again is run on Linux servers.

Is Linux so bad when it is used by NASA and some Formula One teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here