Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This is the entertainment business, I want to be entertained! The reason Hollywood always alters true stories is because real life is actually quite boring in comparison. If I wanted commentary on the ills of modern society I could just read opinion pieces from the Guardian

.... although I do agree with this view as well! It IS supposed to be entertainment at the end of the day, but I did find the concept that "H is cipher for endemic corruption' to be quite good. It doesn't all have to be car chases and shoot-outs.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Looking at Davidson in her idyllic stone cottage in the woods, donning her pristine Icelandic knitwear (costs a bomb) and canoodling with that fit redhead made witness protection look wonderfully glamorous.

Exactly. And if it is like that, we as taxpayers should at least be entitled to a free stream of any bedroom action once or twice a year. I’ll write to the taxpayers alliance and see if we have a case.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Some of her eyebrow movements during the denouement were laughable.

She'll be guilty as charged in S7.

Guilty.jpg

She'll be found to be Hunter's long lost adopted sister who was called Harley or Hope before meeting a missionary from Cape Town called Carmichael.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Who signed the transport order for Davidson to be moved for interview?

Did I miss it?
Buchles was inside, he couldn’t have done it, so was it the 2 bent screws at the prison?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Ha, I knew I’d come on here and that epsiode would he panned.

I thought it was good. The series and expectation had got so big, the ending was always going to seem underwhelming to a lot of people.

I thought the fact that Buckles was the lynchpin was actually quite clever. It had all gone so over the top about who H or the 4th man was it, it was really hard to pin all of that on one crime mastermind.

To have a bit of an idiot, totally motivated by greed, used by various different OCG’s made a lot of sense to me.

It does also leave it open ended for another series or more and as we know Mercurio was inspired to write this due to real life events, I also thought the closing line was deliberately political and pointed.

Lomax & Fleming (forged)

I know who’s name was in it, but who forged it?

I didn’t think they made enough of that.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This follows a bit of a trend in television lately.

Four of the best programmes ever on tv have all had underwhelming finales.

Game of Thrones, Sopranos, The Wire, and now Line of Duty.

And don’t get me started on Peppa Pig.

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I thought it was a clever dig at the government. An over promoted buffoon who is famous for being a bumbling idiot who gets by on being a useful idiot. The funny thing is that no one in government can say that it was a dig about an unaccountable government doing what they want because that would be admitting that it is about them and they recognise it. Quite amusing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought it was great - and I'm so pleased that they didn't go all silly and make Hastings be "H".

Hope they do series 7.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
At first I was a little taken aback at the ending, but the more I think about it the more I like it. Very well written :thumbsup:

A couple of great lines from [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION]'s linked article

When Buckells’ name came up in that trio of bent Lawrence Christopher investigators, he was instantly discountable next to the sexier distractions of Thurwell and Osborne. Thicky Buckells? As if.

That one couldn’t organise a jam sandwich, let alone multiple OCGs. This whole exercise was a lesson from Brummie Jed Mercurio in prejudicial attitudes towards the Birmingham accent.

Everyone was lulled into thinking it must be 'Mr Big' like some sort of ridiculous James Bond movie, and it was just a bent copper with no conscience, trying to stay on the right side of the various OCGs whilst making himself a lot of money.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I still shudder at the brilliance of the final episode of Sopranos.

***********SPOILER ALERT**************

The weight of the expectation that himself and probably his family are just about to be whacked was brilliant brilliant TV. The paranoia was superb.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
At first I was a little taken aback at the ending, but the more I think about it the more I like it. Very well written :thumbsup:

A couple of great lines from Wozza's linked article

When Buckells’ name came up in that trio of bent Lawrence Christopher investigators, he was instantly discountable next to the sexier distractions of Thurwell and Osborne. Thicky Buckells? As if.

That one couldn’t organise a jam sandwich, let alone multiple OCGs. This whole exercise was a lesson from Brummie Jed Mercurio in prejudicial attitudes towards the Birmingham accent.

Everyone was lulled into thinking it must be 'Mr Big' like some sort of ridiculous James Bond movie, and it was just a bent copper, trying to stay on the right side of the various OCGs whilst making himself a lot of money.

Indeed, it's reassuring that people can get away with things because they are, or appear to be, thick.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I thought it was great - and I'm so pleased that they didn't go all silly and make Hastings be "H".

Hope they do series 7.

They’d have to start a completely new story as they’ve tied this one all up.

Maybe Police colluding with Politicians primarily instead of OCGs.

Maybe the mates will start mating, that’d be an interesting angle?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Thought it was done well and in keeping with the narrative. It basically offered up Buckells as the latest pawn to protect the establishment, Osborne. Very in keeping with the general way institutions protect there own. It showed how the system grinds down all the good guys, Hastings, spits them out and keeps going.
AC-12 is now gone and all Osborne’s stooges are in place and Buckells trial is behind closed doors.
Hastings made an impassioned speech to Carmichael as he left trying to appeal to her sense of duty, but unless the Ice Queen is not bent, or sees a chance of promotion by ousting Osborne can’t see where this is going.
Thought it was very in keeping with lots of current events in public life and the lack of resolution probably mirrors much Injustice with current events.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
They’d have to start a completely new story as they’ve tied this one all up.

Maybe Police colluding with Politicians primarily instead of OCGs.

Maybe the mates will start mating, that’d be an interesting angle?

Have they really? It seemed to me that the ending had been rather cobbled together (possibly changed) to enable a 7th series.

Sarisbury Seagull

Solly March Fan Club
NSC Patron
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Yes - and you can also add the likes of Lost, Life On Mars/Ashes to Ashes, How I Met Your Mother, Friends, Bodyguard and probably countless others I’ve forgotten over the years to that list.

I don’t think it’s surprising or the writers fault though. These ‘event’ TV shows are built up to such a extent it’s almost impossible to meet expectations. Especially in the internet/social media age where there is so much speculation and wild ideas posted online, I think it’s natural that so many feel a sense of anti climax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here