Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
A new Jed Mercurio series is being filmed in Bristol using our office for filming next week. We are being used as extras. I will be playing the pivotal role of man staring at laptop in the near distance. Will try and use this key role to find out any bits left up in the air after Sunday's finale. I am obviously ITK ��

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What you mean is bad casting not casting a stereotype rather than what in reality could be a proper gang member because in real life they don’t all look like Ray Winston or Tom Hardy.

I take your point, but it's not just about the physicality. But yeah, I know what you're saying. I suppose I mean he has no screen presence. A lack of charisma. For example Cilian Murphy, very slight build, softly spoken but eminates a strength. I dunno, just one of those examples of casting that I don't think works.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I take your point, but it's not just about the physicality. But yeah, I know what you're saying. I suppose I mean he has no screen presence. A lack of charisma. For example Cilian Murphy, very slight build, softly spoken but eminates a strength. I dunno, just one of those examples of casting that I don't think works.

I also get what you’re saying but it’s very honest casting, a kid groomed from a young age, he’s successful because he’s got an angelic face. I thought his interview with Fleming was great. One of the most sinister characters in it as he is just pure evil nasty. I was actually disappointed with his demise.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Last one tomorrow night. Possibly the last one ever, but I think it will be back for one more series.

So, what’s to be sorted out?

Steve’s dalliance with John Corbetts widow, his back/codeine addiction , his doubts about Hastings.

Kate, has she been undercover all the time? Is there going to be more repercussions over the shooting of Pilkington? Carmichael obviously has an axe to grind with her.

Hastings, well, where do you start? The dodgy excuse for the missing laptop, his gift of 50 grand to Corbetts widow , his secret interview with Lee Banks in the prison, that led to Corbetts murder. His impending retirement.

Carmichael, she is a great addition to the programme, thoroughly unlikeable, but I’m not sure she’s bent, per se but her protection of Osbourne is definatly ( see what I did there?) suspect. Will she remain in charge of anti corruption if there is another series?

Will Davidson survive the prison? Will she make a new statement.

Is Chloe Tony Gates daughter, and is she bent?

Is the DS on MIT bent, is he the new caddy?

What’s under the concrete in the lock up?

Is Thurwell dead and was he the fourth man?

Loads of stuff to be sorted, and I’ve probably missed a lot,and only an hour to do it.

So many unanswered questions, and, no doubt I’ve missed some,

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Kate is 'H', and Corbett is not really dead.

unnamed.png

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Last one tomorrow night. Possibly the last one ever, but I think it will be back for one more series.

Steve’s dalliance with John Corbetts widow, his back/codeine addiction , his doubts about Hastings.

Kate, has she been undercover all the time? Is there going to be more repercussions over the shooting of Pilkington? Carmichael obviously has an axe to grind with her.

Hastings, well, where do you start? The dodgy excuse for the missing laptop, his gift of 50 grand to Corbetts widow , his secret interview with Lee Banks in the prison, that led to Corbetts murder. His impending retirement.

Carmichael, she is a great addition to the programme, thoroughly unlikeable, but I’m not sure she’s bent, per se but her protection of Osbourne is definatly ( see what I did there?) suspect. Will she remain in charge of anti corruption if there is another series?

Loads of stuff to be sorted, and I’ve probably missed a lot,and only an hour to do it.

Thanks for typing that. Might be worth bouncing on Monday morning to see how many of your questions are answered, or even addressed.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

I’d be surprised if DS Lomax is not bent, as he looked to be involved as a youngster in the racist killing alongside Tommy Hunter’s son. Maybe that’s why Kate went undercover? I don’t think Hastings put her there so could have Carmichael planted her and to root out bent coppers in AC-12. Hastings? If not I’m afraid Kate could be bent too, maybe even H.
Hope Thurwell is dead and is not H, as having someone never having appeared in the series being H is going to be very weird, but if they are stringing this out for another series that may make sense.
Can’t see Chloe being bent as she seems to have solved the whole case this series on her own. Her being bent would not make much sense to me. Still think she could be Gate’s daughter. In keeping with the family theme I think that John Corbett will be Hastings son.
Davidson might well get redemption by spilling the beans and live with Kate happily ever after, presuming Kate’s not bent and bumps her off.
Anyway looking forward to watching the last episode and being proved wrong on all accounts.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Kate is 'H', and Corbett is not really dead.

View attachment 136261

Difficult to see her as 'H' seeing as she has been integral in unravelling much of her own network doing the day job.... also one would not suspect a hardworking copper who has taken her time moving through the ranks. She certainly does not waste much cash on fancy clothes and flashy cars either.....

Edit : She also just shot and killed someone from the OCG ( Pilkington ) who had been placed within the highest echelons of the police service..... supposedly her own organisation !

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here