Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Poor episode tonight. Last week was the cliffhanger to the finale...but unfortunately they needed a 30 minute interview scene in the middle.

Slightly disappointed

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Also disappointed last night. They said in January the filming was unfinished due to Covid. Was the long interview done under these restrictions, along with the car chase and stand off which wasted another 15 minutes with no minor characters being close to each other?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Interesting Steve didn’t give more information about Jo’s father when he was discussing it with Kate. Great red herring about James Nesbitt’s involvement. All pointing to Osborne I suspect what they find underneath the floor is going to be the key. Feels like they are ending this after this series, if they are going for a seventh there’s going to have to be a lot of new twists as it’s all looks like it’s being wrapped up.
I think there is far too much to wrap up in only 1 more episode.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I think it all depends on if Osborne is H, I do think the identify of H needs to be wrapped up this series as going into a 7th is going to test a lot of peoples patience and another series based on that could be a test. Although if Osborne is another cog and politicians are involved that could take it to another level and another series.
Hastings is not whiter than white but I think the money is his Catholic guilt money, I still think John Corbett was his son, but only found out after his death. That’s his way of righting a wrong.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
?
- Who died in Spain / did James Nesbitt really get paid simply to pose for a photo?

Someone claiming to be involved in the production posted a comment on the Guardian LoD page saying that it wasn't a photo of Nesbitt but a lookalike. Obviously, we have no way of knowing whether that was true but it's the sort of stunt that Mercurio would pull.

I don't buy the idea that Carmichael is H. She's too obviously set up as a villain. She's either an arch bureaucrat brought in to merge two departments or someone out to root out corruption but waiting till Ted's out of the picture so she can get the credit

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Interesting Steve didn’t give more information about Jo’s father when he was discussing it with Kate. Great red herring about James Nesbitt’s involvement. All pointing to Osborne I suspect what they find underneath the floor is going to be the key. Feels like they are ending this after this series, if they are going for a seventh there’s going to have to be a lot of new twists as it’s all looks like it’s being wrapped up.
I think that James Nesbitt has an amazing contract with the BBC which involves him being guaranteed a certain amount of screen time annually. It has been a quiet year so far for Jimmy, that's why they levered him in to LOD to top up his hours.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Someone claiming to be involved in the production posted a comment on the Guardian LoD page saying that it wasn't a photo of Nesbitt but a lookalike. Obviously, we have no way of knowing whether that was true but it's the sort of stunt that Mercurio would pull.

I don't buy the idea that Carmichael is H. She's too obviously set up as a villain. She's either an arch bureaucrat brought in to merge two departments or someone out to root out corruption but waiting till Ted's out of the picture so she can get the credit

I think you are right, she’s just a ladder climbing pen pusher trying to impress those above her.

Sarisbury Seagull

Solly March Fan Club
NSC Patron
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Totally agree about Carmichael. I think she genuinely believes that Ted, Kate and Steve are corrupt.

And for those disappointed in last nights episode, isn't it quite common for the penultimate episode to be a bit like that? The calm before the storm, setting things up for an explosive finish.

There is a lot to pack in to one episode though so wouldn't be surprised if there is another series though I have found with a few series I've watched lately that they do leave too much for the final episode and ultimately you end up a little bit disappointed with too many loose ends. Hope that isn't the case with LOD.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I can't stand watching Carmichael on screen. Obviously her character is meant to be dislikable but she adds nothing other than a few sarcastic facial expressions and pace slowing, passive aggressive dialogue.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thought that episode was weird. Why did Kate flee the scene, and why did anyone care if she shot Pilkington, didn't make sense :shrug:

Because Kate and Davidson were well aware that the corrupt police probably on their way, would want itk Davidson shot dead and so finish the job.

Also, Davidson wanted to show Kate the OCG’s abandoned shop and evidence, whilst she could.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can't stand watching Carmichael on screen. Obviously her character is meant to be dislikable but she adds nothing other than a few sarcastic facial expressions and pace slowing, passive aggressive dialogue.

Same here. The female equivalent of Tim Lovejoy .... a most punchable face.

Imho from great Line Of Duty casting and acting. It’s intended.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Carmichael is not H, she has been fast tracked (as Hastings says in S5) and probably owes her rank to Osbourne.

Osbourne or Thurwell seem the be the main contenders to be H at the moment, at one point I thought Wise might be but we've seen nothing of her recently.

Next episode is only an hour long, not an extended one like previous series have had.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As it's all over social media and alike, was going to wait 'til Sunday but had a 6 hour catch-upathon last evening and this morning.

This Series has been hit and miss for me, lacking the usual tension imho.

I love a bit of Anna Maxwell Martin, she's fab. I really wanted her to be 'H'.

To me the highlight has been Perry Fitzpatrick, brilliant.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Jimmy Nesbitt was on the Graham Norton Show a while ago jokingly complaining that he hadn’t been in LOD. Maybe his almost appearance was an in joke between him and Mercurio.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I reckon it might still be the Asian head of Police fella whose name I have forgotten. He brought Pilkington under his wing, didn't he?

I wonder if we've all been too easily thrown off the scent by one conversation he had with Hastings an episode or two ago, which may have been misdirection...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Jimmy Nesbitt was on the Graham Norton Show a while ago jokingly complaining that he hadn’t been in LOD. Maybe his almost appearance was an in joke between him and Mercurio.

I can't for the life of me remember who – I read a lot of LOD Twatter last night – but someone said it was a Nesbitt lookalike. Probably/possible bull, but you never know...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've slowly lost more and more interest in it and think some of the acting is woeful, too far in now though

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I reckon it might still be the Asian head of Police fella whose name I have forgotten. He brought Pilkington under his wing, didn't he?

I wonder if we've all been too easily thrown off the scent by one conversation he had with Hastings an episode or two ago, which may have been misdirection...

Myself and Mrs Bobkin spend most episodes calling pretty much every character dodgy – it could literally be any/all of them :lolol:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think this series has its tongue firmly in the cheek.

Hastings has become a parody of himself with 'bent coppers', 'mother of god' and 'fella'.

Arnott explaining the plot at each opprtunity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here