Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
This would obviously work as none of these wealthy people would be able to afford top accountants to ensure they don’t pay it.
The MPs are working on the assumption that all the wealthy people connected with this country, even the ones like the Hinduja family and Jim Ratcliffe who are resident overseas for tax purposes, will happily pay the 2% on their worldwide assets.

I wonder if that assumption is justified?

(Incidentally, the Oxfam article referred to in that linked article uses highly prejudiced cherry picking of statistics. Saying that the richest 1% of the people own more assets than the poorest 70% combined, sounds awful. Saying that the richest 1%, including the most extreme of billionaires, have an average of £4m of assets while the poorest 70%, including all the homeless and all the children and pensioners whose homes have been sold to pay for care, have an average of £50k assets - that doesn't seem so bad. Trying to make a case for poverty based on the below-average family of four having £200k in assets? Not quite as desperate-sounding as they would like.)

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Not against the rules I agree before the cabal jump on it but really not a good look to have your Head of Operations posting on social media looking for volunteers to travel to the states and campaign for Harris. Stating that you have 100 Labour staff going to the US sounds very organised and not an "in my spare time" setup. I wonder who's paying for it all ?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here