Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I've got a horrible feeling...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Really looking forward to seeing Wharton tonight, being as all the Palace fans have him pegged as the next Xavi, Iniesta and Zindane all rolled into one, and gave Southgate PELTERS for not making him England's lynchpin at the Euros.

Oh, wait.....he's been dropped.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Really looking forward to seeing Wharton tonight, being as all the Palace fans have him pegged as the next Xavi, Iniesta and Zindane all rolled into one, and gave Southgate PELTERS for not making him England's lynchpin at the Euros.

Like Lampard and Gerrard for England, how do you fit mercurial talents like Will Hughes and Wharton together in the same starting XI?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

In a vague attempt to be objective here (I have no idea why: they don't deserve it) he's been carrying a groin injury since the Euros, but Palace have been a bit desperate for decent midfielders so have been playing him anyway, and he's been noticeably under par as a result. Apparently he's likely to require surgery on it, but they've been trying to delay it to keep him playing. So yes, technically dropped, but also not 100% fit.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
According to Sky, Palace have previous for making appalling starts and then finally winning their eighth game.

This is their 8th game of this season :rolleyes:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No point in even thinking about them til we play them, stuff them then move on.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Well, they’ve certainly shown up in numbers tonight

IMG_4376.jpeg

Biggest fan base myth going, they use a drum and south London’s a bit edgy (shit) that’s it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
According to Sky, Palace have previous for making appalling starts and then finally winning their eighth game.

This is their 8th game of this season :rolleyes:
Funnily enough I checked the De Boer season just now and, yes, the first victory of the campaign was their 8th game.

I had forgotten how utterly shit they were that season. The preceding seven games were all defeats and they didn't score a single goal in any of them. Remarkable.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Funnily enough I checked the De Boer season just now and, yes, the first victory of the campaign was their 8th game.

I had forgotten how utterly shit they were that season. The preceding seven games were all defeats and they didn't score a single goal in any of them. Remarkable.
I think there was another season too- I wasn't paying too much attention but the scorer of the goal which finally got them a win was....Gareth Southgate... so it must have been during one of their earlier, even shitter, Premier League incarnations.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Their James Bond season.

0 0 7

That’s, 0 wins, 0 draws, 7 defeats.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Few close shaves for both teams so far. Forest already coming up with the fake injuries to slow the game down just as Palace have a free kick.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think there was another season too- I wasn't paying too much attention but the scorer of the goal which finally got them a win was....Gareth Southgate... so it must have been during one of their earlier, even shitter, Premier League incarnations.
5Live mentioned something about if they fail to win, it would be their worst start for 32 years. Based on that, I give you their 1992/93 season start...

Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 20.24.32.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
5Live mentioned something about if they fail to win, it would be their worst start for 32 years. Based on that, I give you their 1992/93 season start...

View attachment 190660
...they didn't win again until league game number 18.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Every forest corner all you can hear is the great unwashed of 2010 shouting ‘you’re shit’ ‘you’re a ****’ ‘your mums a slag’ to the corner taker. Classy bunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here