Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brum time for a front 5 change around.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assuming injury to CMS, I'd prefer the team to start this coming Saturday is the team that finished the first half at Millwall.

Unless Crofts is fit, then I'd put him in for Hammond.
If that were the case, I hope we play as if CMS is there.
I felt Barnes was marooned and to distant from the rest of the team, the longer the game went on.
He was playing the roll of CMS last season.

Hence my wondering, is now is the time for some wholesale changes, across the front 5.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
The huge concern for me is Dobbie hasn't played much football of late, looked off the pace at Watford and feel it could be a few weeks before we see the best of him. Think it would be a too bigger ask to throw him in against Birmingham.

On that basis I would go for the following midfield / striking options.

Crofts - Bridcutt - Hammond
Buckley - Barnes - Lua Lua

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd love to get a proper look at Lopez, and look forward to Dobbie showing his talent properly.
No way would I advocate leaving Barnes out to accomodate either though - he's performed consistently well all season, and we looked poorer for his absence at Watford.

Having said all that, we've just won FIVE consecutive games. The manager is clearly doing a pretty good job of putting the right team out.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Is Bruno definitely out?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If that were the case, I hope we play as if CMS is there.
I felt Barnes was marooned and to distant from the rest of the team, the longer the game went on.
He was playing the roll of CMS last season.

Hence my wondering, is now is the time for some wholesale changes, across the front 5.

I, on the other hand, felt the opposite, and thought he led the line brilliantly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I, on the other hand, felt the opposite, and thought he led the line brilliantly.
He sure as hell didn't give up.
But too many times was left having to deal with the big punt up field, and 2 lumps standing directly behind him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And therein lies the point. Some of the rest of the team sat back, yet Barnes still did very well when slightly isolated.

Therefore, it's understood that it's a job he can do.
Yeah, although in Buckley's case I think he was just knackered, and probably would have come off for KLL, but for the other substitutions.
But I thought we had been there done that, last season, and were now a better team for learning from last season.

Oh and I take on board your Bridcutt distribution concerns.
It's definitely a view thing.
From just above pitch level his break up play is easy to pick up.
The 'killer' quick ball is more visible from above, but as said in Roar if they could do everything they wouldn't be playing for us!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If it ain't broke don't fix it!

If CMS is injured Dobbie comes in and if Bruno is also injured Calde comes in.

I know it's hard on the new signings but they just have to be professional and patient, there opportunities will come when injuries and suspensions start to kick in, that's when the wheels fell of last season, not this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe that anybody is suggesting dropping Hammond as he has been a revelation since joining us and should be one of the first names on the team, sheet. He looks a far better player than the one that left us for Colchester.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm unsure whether Gus actually WILL risk Bruno. He said last week that Crofts would be 'ready' for Millwall and he wasn't even on the bench. I can't understand why people are advocating dropping Orlandi or Barnes either. Both had great games against Millwall I thought.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I cannot believe that anybody is suggesting dropping Hammond as he has been a revelation since joining us and should be one of the first names on the team, sheet. He looks a far better player than the one that left us for Colchester.

No one is on about dropping anyone its just a thread about squad rotation , in today's argus gus was talking about rotating players with so many midweek sat midweek games , he was thinking about resting a few against millwall just to keep players fresh

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Orlandi is definitely getting it together.
I think there's plenty more to see.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How do Birmingham play this year? If they press and push up we need speedsters up front, Buckley and Macca with our best passers: Crofts and Orlandi (or Vicente). I have never seen Lopez play but he looks like the build of Torres so I would not mind of he started.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No one is on about dropping anyone its just a thread about squad rotation , in today's argus gus was talking about rotating players with so many midweek sat midweek games , he was thinking about resting a few against millwall just to keep players fresh

Surely he will play the best available XI at home and if he wants to rotate players to rest them he will do it away and go more defensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here