Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brum time for a front 5 change around.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I could have a wank over the amount of flair we have

Beats the days of dean cox falling over doing a step over
The days when Craig Davies was in the team!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A new challenge facing Gus too ... he's got to pick his very best team and keep those not picked happy, tough methinks
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I don't see why it's so tough. If a player wants to be in a team challenging for promotion, they need to be in a good team, and if they're in a good team they're going to have to fight for their place and be better than the alternatives.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Barnes and Dobbie if CMS not fit, also why change a winning combination albeit just the players available.

Have to say Orlandi was miles better Saturday than at Watford

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I don't see why it's so tough. If a player wants to be in a team challenging for promotion, they need to be in a good team, and if they're in a good team they're going to have to fight for their place and be better than the alternatives.

Admittedly I've never done the job, but I put man management and motivation almost as high as tactical savvy and coaching. Perhaps it's different if at the time of signing you know you'll be in a rotation set up (Man City) otherwise I think it's a really tough part of the job. You have to keep players hot, if they're any good they'll think they should be in the team and if they get in they'll think they should stay there. I just sense that keeping the likes of Calderon, Dobbie, Lopez, KLL, indeed most of them fired up, could be tough but a lot will depend on the attitude of the player too. But I've got a sense that the best Managers are the best at this aspect of their job

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Really looking forward to seeing Lopez getting a start. Fingers crossed that will be on Saturday. You just know the lad is going to be a class above. Based on Watford and Millwall Buckley shouldn't be dropped That said Lua Lua did look lively when he came on at The New Den. The midfield is ridiculously strong and there are so many permutations. You've only got to look at Andy Crofts. Four weeks ago he would have been one of the first names on the team sheet. Since his injury and the arrival of Hammond he's going to struggle to break back into the side. Unless Poyet sacrifices a winger which I can't see happening. Exciting times

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The same Craig Davies who spanked 4 of the 5 goals our next opponents conceded in their last game.
It was more of a comment to Albion534, who on another thread wants CD.
But here, like the rest of us, can't believe the embarrassment of riches we have now.
Compared to the days of Dean Cox falling over and CD missing open goals.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just sense that keeping the likes of Calderon, Dobbie, Lopez, KLL, indeed most of them fired up, could be tough
Calderon has to accept he's not as good as Bruno or Bridge, so while he's an important member of the squad, he has to be realistic. If he can't be, then he needs to play for a team that aren't challenging at the top. KLL's situation will be a lot down to the formation we play, but it must help him that Noone has gone, so he should be ok. We don't know enough about Dobbie and Lopez yet, they'll have to be better than the alternatives, it's simple. I agree it's a massive, important part of the managers job.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like us to play our normal game for 90 + mins rather than sit back for the last 15 as we seem to have done in the last 2 away games, not sure if a personel change would do that?

Having not been there I can't be sure that the above is the case but the last two games have been a bit fraught to listen to on the radio in the last 15 mins

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It was more of a comment to Albion534, who on another thread wants CD.
But here, like the rest of us, can't believe the embarrassment of riches we have now.
Compared to the days of Dean Cox falling over and CD missing open goals.

Tbh it was as much aimed at the defending from Brum than the inexplicably good form CD has shown since leaving us. Now I know how Bears fans felt when Cedric moved to the Bengals.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kucszsak

Calderon~Greer~El-Abd~Bridge

Buckley~Hammond~Dobbie~Bridcutt~Orlandi

Barnes​

Subs: Ankergren, Dunk, Lualua, Crofts, Dicker, Lopez, Painter

Assuming Bruno and CMS are both injured.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Kucszsak

Calderon~Greer~El-Abd~Bridge

Buckley~Hammond~Dobbie~Bridcutt~Orlandi

Barnes​

Subs: Ankergren, Dunk, Lualua, Crofts, Dicker, Lopez, Painter

Assuming Bruno and CMS are both injured.

WORD.

I think thats how we will line up. If not Barnes out on the left Dobbie upfront and Crofts in the middle.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
IF CMS and Bruno dont make it.... I think both will.

Koosh

Calde
Bridge

El-Abd
Greer

Crofts
Bridcutt
Hammond
Buckley

Dobbie ( left role )

Barnes ( CMS role )

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
We'll miss Bruno. I like Calde, don't me wrong, but the outrageousness and pert passing of Bruno it is difficult to replace. It minuses a threat from us, i think.
And also i thought Barnes was excellent on Saturday when CMS went off. I'd be happy for him to play up front with Buckley and Lopez, perhaps, as our wides. The Hammond and Bridcutt in the centre, bossing things. And maybe Dobbie there too as a long-range shooter.
I reckon we'll be rested and fit by Saturday, so our game will be of a higher tempo and there's little need for huge change.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Calde and Buckley were ripping left backs new ones for fun, last season.

With Bridge on everyone's radar, Calde looking to keep a place (far fetched I know) and Buckley closing in on perfection.
I don't think we need to worry about Calde.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here