Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brum time for a front 5 change around.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We were rocky v Watford and finished Millwall badly.

Instead of the old adage 'don't break up a winning team'.
Is it now time to juice things up a bit?

Buckley is on fire, but other than him, I think there's plenty of places up for grabs.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The way we beat Barnsley, who then thumped Brum, I think it could be time to try out a 1-1-8 fomation. Adam and Liam can boss the play if things get fraught near our end, while the other flairiacs do their thing...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plenty to choose from:-

Millwall starting 5

Buckley
Barnes
Hammond
Orlandi
CMS

Those left:-

Lopez
Dobbie
Crofts
Dicker
Vicente
KLL

For me, injuries permitting Buckley is the only one to stay.
CMS would be nice but I wonder if we are running him into the ground, again.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Would really like to see Lopez get a decent run out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think Lopez could start. Gus said before the millwall game, Lopez could have featured v watford, but Gus didn't think it would be an appropriate game, but that he might feature v millwall. I wouldn't have thought millwall would be a game for spanish flair players, and I think the injuries to bruno and cms forced gus's hand.

Birmingham aren't, I think, known for rough-housing, and after their result v barnsley they might be more about defending and we could need him to unlock them, so can see him starting saturday.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If CMS isn't ready for Saturday, I can see it being Dobbie with Buckley and Lopez wide, and all three given the licence to swap as and when they see fit

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Would really like to see Lopez get a decent run out.

I am pretty confident we will be more than just pleased once Lopez is a regular

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not sure I would change too much for this one unless we have to. Birmingham won't be as bad again as they were on Saturday but their problem may be improving and motivating themselves DESPITE their manager rather than because of him. Clarke's body language and demeanour on Saturday were worrying and he is close to losing the team and the boardroom support. I spoke to a friend at the club and he uttered the phrase "he's a nice man but..............". Damning and there is a feeling he is out of his depth.

I would keep the same line-up injuries allowing. A team who understand each other from practice playing together has the best chance of inflicting early pain and demoralising a potentially fragile opponent. We don't want them to play themselves in to the game or build confidence. Hit them hard and hurt them early.

Last edited:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
A probable line up for brum
Kuschack

Calderon
Bridge
Greer
Al Abd

Bridcutt
Buckley
Lopez
Crofts/Hammond
Barnes

Dobbie

Or maybe barnes up front instead of Dobbie then play crofts & Hammond together
So many good permutations now ,very hard now for gus but a good problem to have

Just glad we don't have a league cup game this week I knew that defeat to Swindon would be a blessing in disguise
The game with Liverpool last year on the wednesday then Leeds on the Friday followed by Palace on the Tuesday all became too much and subsequently the start of our bad run just concentrate on the league now

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'd like to see Dobbie and Lopez starting and Crofts/Hammond together but unless we can sneak 13 or 14 on not sure how it can be done ... never wished anyone, let alone CMS, to be injured but not sure how anyone else gets a chance.

A new challenge facing Gus too ... he's got to pick his very best team and keep those not picked happy, tough methinks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here