Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If people like the beach so much

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Why do they leave it looking like a ****ing tip!

If people love a day on the beach bbqs, drinking, picnics etc why cant they clear up after themselves the lazy :tosser: Every morning from Saltdean through to Hove it looks like someone has emptied a landfill site onto the beach :angry:

Cant imagine its locals surely ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You expect people to TAKE their rubbish WITH them or be arsed to COLLECT it and put it in a bin? Hasn't happened since the 50s. Same goes for emptying ashtrays into the road, chucking paper, takeaway containers, cig packs out of the window whilst driving, gobbing in the street and spitting out chewing gum on the street as well as just dropping the wrapping of whatever they are stuffing in their mouth as they walk along the road.

Lowlife in the extreme but that's the way it is :shrug:

As long as I can remember the beaches and the local parks have looked like a litterfest in the morning during hot weather.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

If people love a day on the beach bbqs, drinking, picnics etc why cant they clear up after themselves the lazy :tosser: Every morning from Saltdean through to Hove it looks like someone has emptied a landfill site onto the beach :angry:

I really hate people who drop litter. The other day, car in front of me starting throwing rubbish out of their window. Take away bag and cups. Wish the Police had caught up with them. I would have pulled the shits over, got them to park up and would have walked them back down the road to clear it all up.

My brother works at MC'Do as a cleaner. On a few occasions, he has told me some people have deliberately thrown their rubbish out in front of him and told him to go and pick it up. I would probably last 5 mins in that job. I think I might have dragged the customer out of their car and rubbed their face in the rubbish.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Yep chav society who only think of themselves. Its not just kids though its families, adults all sorts. But don't worry someone else will come along and pick it up for you so you don't moan next time your down the beach because its a shi* tip :annoyed:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I'm afraid it's not humans generally. Our British lowlife population is by far the worst of the so called "civilised" countries

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Popped down the beach the last 2 evenings and same as yourself I can't believe the state it is in.

But instead of moaning I'll pick some up and pop it in/outside of the bin.

The only hope is someone will notice and it may jog their conscience.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It seems so easy,just put your rubbish in a bag and put it in the bin when you go,but no,most people can't seem to do that.like someone says,if the parents don't do it the kids certainly won't.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Dirty Northern barstools from London me thinks.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Really? Just wondering what experience you have of "lowlife" in other countries to make that claim.

Think he has a point. You don't see it abroad, yeah you get the odd scummy Spanish portuguese french Italian kids and adults but not in the millions we seem to have. Can't say Ive seen there beaches covered in so much *hit!

Pick up up if you enjoyed yourself so someone else can enjoy it next day without having to sit next to your half eaten fish n chips or broken beer bottle you lazy cuuuuuunts

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
was down on the promenade last night ( we wander most evenings along from the bowling green in hove to the italian restaurant by the west pier and have a coffee at the cafe before that) and I agree about the waste, but around 9 ish, there was the wail of sirens and a fire engine had arrived as some dick had put a bar-b-que in one of the normal bins and set it alight.

One old bloke came up to karen and i when we were sat on the bench and moaned for 10 minutes about all the BBQ's smoke flowing into his house ( he lives in one of the houses/flats opposite Hove Lawns) and pointed out all the people having said bbq's on the lawns right next to a HUGE sign saying NO BBQs.

The haze from the smoke is quite something to see.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
was down on the promenade last night ( we wander most evenings along from the bowling green in hove to the italian restaurant by the west pier and have a coffee at the cafe before that) and I agree about the waste, but around 9 ish, there was the wail of sirens and a fire engine had arrived as some dick had put a bar-b-que in one of the normal bins and set it alight.

One old bloke came up to karen and i when we were sat on the bench and moaned for 10 minutes about all the BBQ's smoke flowing into his house ( he lives in one of the houses/flats opposite Hove Lawns) and pointed out all the people having said bbq's on the lawns right next to a HUGE sign saying NO BBQs.

The haze from the smoke is quite something to see.

Agreed. Those BBQs on Hove Lawns are taking the piss. If they're going to bother with signs, they should enforce it. Or do what they did in the park in Amsterdam... Put down stone slabs as designated BBQ sites, then get tough on people that don't use them.

The state of Brighton generally just disgusts me. A few years back, I was away travelling for about two months including some countries that a lot of the English would look down on and expect to be grubby. In fact, they were all spotlessly clean by comparison. On arriving back at Pool Valley on the morning coach, I was greeted by huge piles of stinking rubbish. No effort had been made to clear up from the night before.

Likewise, just spent two weeks in Croatia. On Hvar island, where there are just as many holidaymakers, there are guys out at 6 AM power washing the paving slabs. It is immaculate. Britain is a shit hole. Don't start me on the standard of our pub and bar toilets...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Agreed it's absolutely disgusting. I usually make a point of disposing of at least one item of someone else's rubbish as well as my own, though it obviously makes little differenc.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Preston Park is generally a tip when the nice weather comes.

Trash all over the place. Even people whom think they are doing the right thing, by putting their rubbish by the overflowing bins. They get attacked by seagulls and foxes and invariably gets strewn all over the place.

Take it home.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I have to agree it is more a british thing, particularly in the under 30s. We've been too liberal on minor indiscretions/law breaking like littering. Clamp down hard on that and people will generally be more civilised. I agree with the view that it is not the length/severeness of the penalty but the likelihood of getting caught that is the deterent. In this country everyone knows you can do as you please and noone will bat an eyelid/fine/punish you. This country has really gone down hill in this area (still great in others though thankfully). I hate littering and would love to see the police fining people - question to edna (?) why do the police never do anything about it?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I hate people that litter. One thing that annoys me is people that leave bottle caps on the beach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here