Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much fruit do you consume per day?

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I quite like that Pear Cider and a chocolate orange.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Far too much.

On a good day at least four bits of citrus fruit (usually clementines or satsumas), some blueberries, an apple, grapes, couple of glasses of fruit juice (minimum). I'd say an average of 9/10 units of fruit a day. Normally consume at least one melon through out the seven week days on top of that.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Loads more than before now we got a new Sainsburys down the road

That is one of the shops I use, however I am disappointed with their selection. Particularly their strawberries. Ignoring the fact that as soon as they appear on the shelf, they are half price, they have little taste to them. Perhaps because if was such a wet season?

I've gone overboard with frozen fruit this year. Frozen grapes and raspberries are like little drops of frozen heaven.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That is one of the shops I use, however I am disappointed with their selection. Particularly their strawberries. Ignoring the fact that as soon as they appear on the shelf, they are half price, they have little taste to them. Perhaps because if was such a wet season?

I seriously doubt that any of those fruits were ever on sale at four quid to start with. Certainly never seen it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I mean, does anyone every say "Oooooh I'm hungry, I want a nice piece of fruit"?

Yes. Yes I do.

An apple and bananna so far today which are my daytime staples because they're easy to eat in the car (do alot of miles for work)

Eat alot of strawberrys in the summer when they're in season and cheap. I've got a punnet which I'll have before dinner, then I'll probably have a peach later.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Depends what you mean by "Fruit" I try and get atleast 2 Watermelon's in a day, sometimes slipping down to a couple of tangerines, although i steer clear of banana's.

D

Deleted member 2719

Quite a bit, some even home grown like Blueberries, apples,raspberries,strawberries and hoping for a few Kiwi's and grapes off our vine next year.

I have been known to nibble on a melon or two.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Too much, if there is such a thing. But I'm addicted to fruit.

So I would say on average about 6 or 7 apples a day, plus any plums/satsumas/Kiwi fruit etc that I can lay my hands on

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Started eating fruit when I got into the rave scene; out all night and when I would get home, grab an apple, banana or some mango then get some sleep and it would keep my immune system good and replenish my serotonin (happy chemicals in the brain) levels after doing MDMA. Still get my five-a-day fruit and veg even if I hardly go clubbing now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here