Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gaston Ramirez - 12 million quid

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Going down the Portsmouth route I see...

I think Southampton have a much more sustainable business model than Portsmouth. Although the current owner situation would be a bit of a concern for me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Shit or bust approach again. If it works then great for them. But if they come straight back down, they're f***ed, again.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
How much did they get for oxlade-chamberlain? That must have been a fair whack with add ons.

Did they invest the Walcott money as well?

Walcott transferred to Arsenal on 20 January 2006, for a fee of £5 million, rising to £12 million depending on appearances for club and country.[13][14] The original fee was payable by instalments – £5 million down, £5 million based on club appearances and £2 million based on England appearances – but was revised to a total of £9.1 million by a compromise settlement agreed on 31 March 2008.[15] He signed an initial pre-contract agreement to sign a professional contract on his 17th birthday on 16 March 2006, and was given the number 32 shirt in the process

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I wouldn't have any worries about the Southampton finances. They have made a lot from player sales and back to back promotions. A lot of their squad was there in League 1 so won't be on massive wages. £20m in transfer fees isn't a huge amount, it's the wages that are key and none of their players will be on astronomical figures. They spent £1m on a couple of players back in L1, which for that level was huge, but is a pittance when you look where they are now.

Really think they could finish top 10 this year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here