Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Finland v England 5pm (ITV)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The TAA goal woke millions.
Gallons of tea just spilt across the nation. Thousands of laps being dabbed down as I type.

Edit 1-3. The Rice finish was not the finish of the Finnish, as the Finns finish with a lovely finish of their own.

Last edited:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If the Greeks hammer the Orish later it looks like second place.

Performance: 6/10. Creative passing and opened up the Finns but looked defensively suspect all match.

Now the two tougher teams in the group to come in white hot atmospheres.......

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A little unconvincing at the back, but another game won by 2 clear goals. That's 3 out of 4 now under Carsley.

Beat Greece and it'll be back to the top of the table, GD permitting.

Today at least, job very much done.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
3 points and I got a lovely nap, so result all round.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Roy Keane on Guehi " I think he made one mistake in the Euros but recovered from that"

Narrator: Roy did not watch the Slovakia and Spain matches, so missed the 2 goals he gave away.

Guehi was shockingly poor in those games and at least once tonight.

Problem is that Colwill was cr@p against Greece, Konsa rubbish before.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Poblem is that Colwill was cr@p against Greece, Konsa rubbish before.
If Colwill and Konsa want to become world class they'll need to learn how to play simple short passes and then run towards the 'keeper immediately. That and not do headed clearances.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Spot on Keaney.

It is a small pond. Why not Pep? We can dream. :drool:
International management is different. History has many successful managers with poor CVs and many unsuccessful ones with outstanding reference.

50% is whether the players like their boss. The other 50% is if he knows the best team and can put them in a formation that works for them. The rest is up to the team.

There are non league managers who might take England to a final and top managers who might fail. The managers of both Argentina and Spain at present have got a single season of top flight experience between them. That's why I think someone like Frank Lampard would be as good a choice as Pep. At club level there is no comparison. But this is like T20 is to Test cricket.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Damn right, get Pep in. Hey Pep, fancy winning the WC and becoming a god?
To me, Pep is already a god! 👍

Would love to see him take over the reigns but pretty sure the feeling is an English manager is preferred - so Lampard or even Howe perhaps? - in the meantime, Carsley is squeezing wins out of this unimaginative and poorly defensive side.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Roy Keane on Guehi " I think he made one mistake in the Euros but recovered from that"

Narrator: Roy did not watch the Slovakia and Spain matches, so missed the 2 goals he gave away.
Keane is lazy.

If they want an Irish voice in there, plenty of better alternatives. The former goalkeeper, Shay Given, is measured, pleasant, and evidently pleased to be invited. Better looking, too.

No need for a grumply lazy old **** who can't decide whether to have a shave or rock up with a homeless man's beard. And hair. And attitudes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I honestly don’t think Carsley wants it, which leaves a shortlist of one.

I just hope NSC doesn’t go off line when the response to attempting 535 passes and having 35 shots against Malta, but drawing 1-1 is “take the positives, it is what it is”.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I honestly don’t think Carsley wants it, which leaves a shortlist of one.

Because the FA can't afford to buy out a contract. Which leaves me with the question (no doubt obvious to the rest of you) why aren't the FA rich?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here