Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not reading it, but I bet it says nothing about winning anything
1000026254.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be honest, I don't give a flying flamingo. International football is enjoyable to watch, but I don't get passionate about England.

The Euros and the World Cup are football's T20. Spain's victory this year was a tournament where the best team won. But had Spain missed their 2-1 chance and England not had an attempt cleared off the line the trophy would have come here. A hollow crown. Argentina won the World Cup with a reasonable side. Best team in the tournament, no.

In my world, both tournaments would be scrapped and there would be an international league system. Promotion & relegation bi-yearly. Sides would play twentyish matches a league over two years and ten windows. The lower leagues would be regional.

International Premier League (20 sides)

International 'Championship' (20 sides- 5 up 5 down)

Regional leagues.

Not such an issue with travel as most of the players in the two Championships would be in the countries based in Europe/South America anyway where most of the sides were.
Who in your opinion was the best team at the last World Cup?

Giving the format of the next World Cup it will be the team with the most endurance which wins the trophy.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
England 4 - 0 Finland (Suomi)

What else?

Last edited:

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Much to Carsley relief, I imagine, nobody is talking about the rubbish football. All he gets asked about is the England Managers job and if he is interested. That’s handy for him as nobody is looking at the football which leaves a lot to be desired. Can a new manager make much difference? I am really not sure. Maybe I should care more but I really only care about Brighton tbh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I guess it’s more about not fitting their objectives/strategy/agenda

If their top objective is to win a major tournament, then getting the right manager would be about top of the list wouldn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here