Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Finland v England 5pm (ITV)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On 37’ bloody awful defending. TAA was central marking two players their nos 9 and 19 (noticed by Dixon). Walker, Stones and Guehi all near the right touchline. From a nothing passage of play, nothing cute by Finland.

England did that many times during the Euros when Guehi played, but everyone sucked to the left.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Really? I must be watching a different game.
65% possession so far for England.

Admittedly a bit sloppy in the last 10-15 minutes, but England have shown they can open up the Finnish defence with a couple of passes.

Won the first 2 games by 2 clear goals. No reason why they can't do the same today.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So second half, England to sit back and look to see the game out 1-0, or to go for more goals
Really need at least one more goal.

Nothing cavalier, but the pressure that comes with dominating possession should bring the chance for at least one more.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Lovely to hear, the entire stadium singing “Joel Veltman”. Respect.
Declan Rice

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Reaction GIF

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Really? I must be watching a different game.
Nope, you're certainly watching the same one as me. What a borefest. This team would get ripped apart by any of the big boys. Anyway, I'm off to watch some point dry for some excitement.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Why has Grealish lost the ability to run round defenders, that was his strength at Villa.
Cut inside and pass, makes him easy to defend, never goes outside his marker.
Have City ruined him?

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
Finland showing how to create a chance by going outside the full back and getting to the byline.
I don't think either Grealish or Palmer have done that yet.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Time for some subs to freshen things up and bring some urgency.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Nope, you're certainly watching the same one as me. What a borefest. This team would get ripped apart by any of the big boys. Anyway, I'm off to watch some point dry for some excitement.

I was half watching it during the add breaks when Jeremiah Johnson was on ITV4. But now that’s finished, I can’t justify watching England anymore. So boring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here