Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite non-league team in Sussex?

What's your favourite non-league team in Sussex?

• Lewes

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Crawley Town

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Eastbourne Borough

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Worthing

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Horsham

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Bognor Regis

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Hastings Town

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Burgess Hill

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 20 26.7%

• Total voters

Eastbourne United. Go to see them about once every five years these days but was a ball boy there for four seasons and always look out for their result. Will be supporting them against Albion in the next round of the Sussex Senior Cup.

Crawley Town can f*** themselves for the following reasons:

They charge over the odds for pre-season friendlies, make it all ticket, then moan when only 1,500 people turn up.

They tell Albion to f*** off when we left The Goldstone, even when we offered to bring the Broadfield up to League status, then let f***ing Palace reserves play there.

Their 'fans' were ****s at the 1990 Sussex Senior Cup Final at The Goldstone, and caused the second half to be delayed because they thought it would be well funny to walk over to the East Terrace to be in the sun.

Crawley's a f***ing DUMP, epitimising pikey mid-Sussex.

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
How can you say mid sussex is pikey there is plenty of pikey areas around Brighton ffs - portslade, Hastings parts of littlehampton etc

Crawley is a little London cos loads of people have moved down from there, more of a north sussex place in my opinion!

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
Safeway said:
Eastbourne United. Go to see them about once every five years these days but was a ball boy there for four seasons and always look out for their result. Will be supporting them against Albion in the next round of the Sussex Senior Cup.

Crawley Town can f*** themselves for the following reasons:

They charge over the odds for pre-season friendlies, make it all ticket, then moan when only 1,500 people turn up.

They tell Albion to f*** off when we left The Goldstone, even when we offered to bring the Broadfield up to League status, then let f***ing Palace reserves play there.

Their 'fans' were ****s at the 1990 Sussex Senior Cup Final at The Goldstone, and caused the second half to be delayed because they thought it would be well funny to walk over to the East Terrace to be in the sun.

And Crawley - Eastbourne score was...Heh Heh Heh
Sour & Grapes spring to mind here :bounce: :bounce: :flameboun :clap2: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Fav non leagers

Fridge Man said:
Hello all havent posted for a while -

Fran Hagarty you are a disgrace to burgess we're by far the biggest club in sussex! Also who ever voted Cawley should be shot damn gypo place, with their reebok tracksuits its worse than Liverpool!

Boing Boing Hillians Hillians!

We hate Haywards Heath say we hate Haywards Heath!

Actually I hope Burgess Hill do well, even though I don't think they are the biggest club in Sussex, could possibly be the Albion?. (Don't know who Burgess are or Cawley for that matter!).

I would also like Haywards Heath to do well in the County league.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Safeway said:

Geography lesson. Crawley is north Sussex.(Couple of miles south of Surrey).

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Hailsham Town

Safeway said:
:lolol:

Not at all, I can't stand Langney Sports, sorry, Eastbourne Borough either!

UNITED!! UNITED!!
What is it with Langney Sports? Why did they choose to rebrand themselves and take the name of the COUNCIL? It's like Southwick FC suddenly deciding to call themselves Adur District.

I always had a soft spot for Eastbourne Town, because a former work colleague supported them.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Reliant said:
Ditto. However if you're forcing me to pick one of the big teams favored by the Gloryhunter types then I suppose Worthing.

Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Out of that lot, it's gotta be Eastbourne Borough!

NO NO NO!! There's an 'other' option, which you tick and then state EASTBOURNE UNITED. As a former ball noy yourself I am, quite honestly, disappointed.

Lord B, as far as the name goes I don't think Borough were left with much option. Town and United were obviously already taken, and Eastbourne Rovers is the local athletics team. Either way, I don't believe the name change had anything to do with the council, but was chosen to make people more aware of where they are from (i.e. more people know where Eastbourne is than Langney).

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
WHITEHAWK

NSC's very own Vinyl Richie alongside ex- Albion LEGEND Ian Chapman at centre back??

A match made in Heaven.

Go on the 'AWKS!!

:clap2: :clap2:

Dandyman

In London village.
C'mon you mighty Rooks ! - Lewes FC, the real county side :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here