Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite non-league team in Sussex?

What's your favourite non-league team in Sussex?

• Lewes

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Crawley Town

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Eastbourne Borough

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Worthing

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Horsham

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Bognor Regis

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Hastings Town

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Burgess Hill

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 20 26.7%

• Total voters

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
of the teams on the list - worthing (i know owen hill)

other non-league teams are- lancing ,southwick and mile oak
(my step-dad played for them)

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
Bognor are a good team judging by their league position but seem to have almost zero profile.

I think it must be the biggest place in Sussex that I've never visited. Am I missing much, in either tourism or football terms?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Max's Dad said:
Bognor are a good team judging by their league position but seem to have almost zero profile.

I think it must be the biggest place in Sussex that I've never visited. Am I missing much, in either tourism or football terms?

the town is an ABSOLUTE dump on par with crawley and has more pikies. the team are pretty good and barring some major problems will be in the conference next season...

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Safeway said:

Crawley Town can f*** themselves for the following reasons:

They charge over the odds for pre-season friendlies, make it all ticket, then moan when only 1,500 people turn up.

They tell Albion to f*** off when we left The Goldstone, even when we offered to bring the Broadfield up to League status, then let f***ing Palace reserves play there.

Crawley's a f***ing DUMP, epitimising pikey mid-Sussex.

It was Sussex police who insisted this seasons pre-season friendly was made all-ticket, Crawley and The Albion both wanted the game 'pay on the day' but decision was overruled by the Police.

Crawley Town FC wanted The Albion to share the ground but it was Crawley council that would not allow it.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
The mighty rooks for me. Saw them in their greatest hour when they played Stoke City in the FA cup. Marvellous scenes when 3 Lewes players lined up a direct free kick. First player ran over the ball, second player ran over the ball, third player ran over the ball. Brief pause as all 3 realised that something had gone wrong and then one of them sprinted back to the ball and kicked it.

Uckfield Town are utter poo. Some mates of mine once shot a referee with an air rifle during an Uckfield Town game. The things we do for kicks in the weald eh?

Me and my Dad are currently following the exploits of Upper Beeding in County League Div 3. Their current record stands as:

Played 19
Won 0
Drawn 1
Lost 18
Goals For 8
Goals Against 84

They played Forest on saturday (the team above them in the league with a total of 12 points), result:

Forest 7
Upper Beeding 1

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Gotta be Lewes.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Burgess Hill for me.

Played for them at U15 level, but never made the grade. One of my team mates from then went on to play for the senior side pretty successfully, though.

Don't seem to get to see them nowadays, but plan to get back down there soon.

They should have taken the step up before Langney did. (BTW, Langney Sports' reason for changing their name sucks. They are from Langney and should have kept the name - do we think Port Vale should be Stoke United?).

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Me and my Dad are currently following the exploits of Upper Beeding in County League Div 3. Their current record stands as:

Played 19
Won 0
Drawn 1
Lost 18
Goals For 8
Goals Against 84

They played Forest on saturday (the team above them in the league with a total of 12 points), result:

Forest 7
Upper Beeding 1

Upper Beeding are rivals for Steyning Town, and recently they were in the same division. I don't know what has happened there, but as you show, for every goal they score, they let in eight.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
sully said:
Burgess Hill for me.

Played for them at U15 level, but never made the grade. One of my team mates from then went on to play for the senior side pretty successfully, though.

Did you Sully? I played for them at U16 level.

Unfortunately that was the season that they were nearer the bottom than the top!!:lolol:

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
Wadhurst

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
sully said:
Burgess Hill for me.

They should have taken the step up before Langney did. (BTW, Langney Sports' reason for changing their name sucks. They are from Langney and should have kept the name - do we think Port Vale should be Stoke United?).

The name change makes perfect sense -- who outside our tiny corner of East Sussex has heard of Langney (which is part of the borough of Eastbourne and not a separate community)? They're an ambitious club wanting to attract broad support and some commercial backers.

You might as well say that Brighton should be called Withdean Utd or that Man U should be Salford FC.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Bognor Regis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here