Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite non-league team in Sussex?

What's your favourite non-league team in Sussex?

• Lewes

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Crawley Town

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Eastbourne Borough

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Worthing

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Horsham

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Bognor Regis

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Hastings Town

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Burgess Hill

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 20 26.7%

• Total voters

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Max's Dad said:
Bognor are a good team judging by their league position but seem to have almost zero profile.

I think it must be the biggest place in Sussex that I've never visited. Am I missing much, in either tourism or football terms?

As said above the place is a dump and has virtually nothing going for it. The cinema is crap, the high street is crap, nightclubs such as Sheiks are crap. The place really is a through back to a bygone era where people used to go on holiday in large numbers to the English seaside. Bognor seems to have tried to cater for this, and this has just made the place worse with some awful hotels by the sea front. But the council do seem to be trying to improve it though, but I don’t see how.

As for the football team, after threatening promotion for ages they finally managed it last season and they contain a few ex Albion as well I think, such as Rupert Sansom.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Safeway said:
NO NO NO!! There's an 'other' option, which you tick and then state EASTBOURNE UNITED. As a former ball noy yourself I am, quite honestly, disappointed.

United will always be in my heart, but Borough are the only pony worth betting on in Eastbourne these days!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I expect it is Albion Reserves. It certainly ain't Crawley.

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
Oops sorry Crawley Boy i meant the White Hart in the high street good old fashioned pub, just up from the rat and parrot.

Come on youuuuuuuu Hillians! We're on a roll!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here