Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Estupinan on at half-time

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Sort of, yes - I was thinking, had we really spent a lot of money to get in a LB who wasn't as good as the one we already had?.............and thinking yes, we probably had! Mind you, I've had similar thoughts about most of our £200M quidsworth of new players based on their performances so far! Yes, I know, early days and all that.

I still live in hope.
Best part of Ferdi is his versatility.

Thought he was VERY good going forward today, but not great defensively.

He can play LB, RB, CM and on the wing giving us so many options.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Contary to what people were saying on the match day thread, I think Weiffer for Baleba was a good sub. Better positionally and less rash when we had our low block. Carlos gets the wrong side of players despite his fantastic athleticism.
With how incredibly Baleba was playing I think it was fair to criticise, but he was tiring and it was a good sub in hindsight.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
But offensively he was very good, could have had three assists if forwards finished/took better touches.
Very true but as a left back his primary task is defending. Very early days though.

As for Pervis could this be a critically turning point? Brought back from injury too early by RDZ he's looked off the pace due to resultant time out. Yesterday was a glimpse of the old power house with the great link up with Mitoma. If the resurgence continues I guess the question is where positional wise Ferdi might fit in if selected?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Very true but as a left back his primary task is defending. Very early days though.

As for Pervis could this be a critically turning point? Brought back from injury too early by RDZ he's looked off the pace due to resultant time out. Yesterday was a glimpse of the old power house with the great link up with Mitoma. If the resurgence continues I guess the question is where positional wise Ferdi might fit in if selected?
This.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ferdi was incredibly poor. The MOTD2 highlights show him all at sea for every foray down his side.
Agreed, left loads of space and seemed to be in no man’s land far to many times

Let's be honest, every player taken off at half-time is always pasted fairly or unfairly by fan messageboards afterwards, it's the law judging by 20 years of online media

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Estupinan change was good but definitely the difference was the midfield and forward pressing, so obvious on TV. Unfortunately I wasn't there so I didn't get the whole picture.

What changed the game was the Van der Ven/Udogie clanger, we suddenly had belief that having a go at them might reap rewards. The puzzling thing was just how little fight they had in them, history repeating itself from their lame disaster here 10 months ago

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Ok
What changed the game was the Van der Ven/Udogie clanger, we suddenly had belief that having a go at them might reap rewards. The puzzling thing was just how little fight they had in them, history repeating itself from their lame disaster here 10 months ago
I caught some of the Villa Man U game on the concourse and thought both teams looked poor after playing in Europe in midweek. I was then really surprised by the quality of the Spurs apporach in the first half, their press was far more active and cohesive than ours. The momentum swung and yes they can virtually sub half the team off, but there may also be an element of them running out of steam in the second half.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think Ferdi is still adjusting to the Prem. When Estupinan is in form, he is in my opinion, the best left back in the Prem. He also clearly brings the best out of Mitoma as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here