Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Estupinan on at half-time

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Not sure that's true.
Seem to recall Baleba and Moder have been clocked as the quickest.
Can't vouch for the veracity of this but Premier League data apparently has Minteh as the 9th fastest player in the league, which would make him the fastest in the squad

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wasn't expecting any changes at HT, but when we saw Estupinan out early to warm up, our speculation was a change to a back five, rather than a like for like swop

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Can't vouch for the veracity of this but Premier League data apparently has Minteh as the 9th fastest player in the league, which would make him the fastest in the squad

Season so far I think

Would be interedting to see who is actually the quickest in the squad.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I thought Pervis was brilliant. It was like having the old Estupinan back. So much energy.

I'm very much hoping he gets a "knock" which prevents him playing internationals.

I was in the north and so I was very impressed with Ferdi's work. (it's harder for me to see his defensive work there). It's fair to say we need to find his best position. He looks a good alround player, good athlete. Would he be better in midfield?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It wasn't the only change. Most of the change was in the heads of the players imo..

That said, I'm a Perverto man all day all night. He's our best left back by a distance.
I agree , Minteh, Mitoma and Rutter just changed after half time , FH must have given them a rocket. The pleasing thing about Pervis is that he looked back to his old speed and that can only help the high back line issue.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Ferdi looks lost in terms of defending thus far. He gets beaten so easily and is often well out of position. Hopefully it's just a matter of him learning the system etc but it's a bit of a concern. Fair play to Pervis, he had a really good half.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Ferdi looks lost in terms of defending thus far. He gets beaten so easily and is often well out of position. Hopefully it's just a matter of him learning the system etc but it's a bit of a concern. Fair play to Pervis, he had a really good half.
I don't mind inverted full backs but they need to have a left foot. This guy doesn't. Last week against Chelsea, they locked him on the right wing and the only thing he could do was to turn back and pass the ball with his left foot to one of our CBs. But he didn't.. instead he sprinted towards our own goal to get the space to make a pass to Verbruggen with his right. That's bad enough if you play on the right but it doesn't work at all when playing on the left side.

Think it will take some time before we see Ferdi functioning well in the PL.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not sure that's true.
Seem to recall Baleba and Moder have been clocked as the quickest.
According to an article I read, Minteh is the 9th fastest player in the league?

Not sure how true that is ???

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I don't mind inverted full backs but they need to have a left foot. This guy doesn't. Last week against Chelsea, they locked him on the right wing and the only thing he could do was to turn back and pass the ball with his left foot to one of our CBs. But he didn't.. instead he sprinted towards our own goal to get the space to make a pass to Verbruggen with his right. That's bad enough if you play on the right but it doesn't work at all when playing on the left side.

Think it will take some time before we see Ferdi functioning well in the PL.
Where do you think Ferdi will end up being used?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Was sat with a Spuds fan in a different seat today, and he asked who Estupiñán was as he entered the pitch.
He spent the remainder of the game with expletives and face palm every time Pervis went near the ball dejected at how well he was playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here