Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Estupinan on at half-time

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lets be honest that was the best Pervis has played since the last time we played Spurs at home, which was 10 months ago.
Looked fit, sharp and fast. Wonderful to see.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Where do you think Ferdi will end up being used?
Right back eventually. But the most important thing to him is that he understands we've signed him because he's good and not because he had a good World Cup... right now he looks like he's carrying a massive bout of imposter syndrome where he appears to be insecure if he can play football at this level. Almost giving Ipswich the victory in his first sub appearance and then letting in four last week in his first start... I think its taken a toll, because he looked afraid today.

But in time I think he'll be fine and just needs some time learning the league and learning a thing or two from Veltman. For now he's a bit of a liability though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For me an inform Pervis is a big part of Mitoma’s threat. The interplay between the two of them is a thing of beauty.
Agreed you could see that for the second goal…..Mitoma drifted inside and took two defenders with him….opened up the space for Pervis to receive the ball on the wing who then slipped it through to Mitoma who then supplied the pass for George to tuck it away with a good finish

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Agreed you could see that for the second goal…..Mitoma drifted inside and took two defenders with him….opened up the space for Pervis to receive the ball on the wing who then slipped it through to Mitoma who then supplied the pass for George to tuck it away with a good finish
Having a left-footed LB really seems to suits Mitoma better I'd say because Pervis can overlap him whereas Ferdi is more likely to cut inside (being right-footed).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who else had that change, and that change alone, as the key to change the direction of the game?
Not me. I really didn’t have a clue how we could, or how we were, going to improve. Glad Hürzeler did !

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Contary to what people were saying on the match day thread, I think Weiffer for Baleba was a good sub. Better positionally and less rash when we had our low block. Carlos gets the wrong side of players despite his fantastic athleticism.
Yeah, i wqs against it (emotionally) at the time.
But my rational self said, Baleba id more likely to chuck this win away than see out the game.

It was a good call.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Not me. I thought Ferdi was looking very good so surprised to see him withdrawn.
I couldn’t make it today but watched on tv and I thought that Ferdi was really poor but only my opinion.The half time introduction of PE really made a big difference from what I could see

lol no way did that change the direction of the game. That was the two Spurs centre-backs doing consecutive comedy air shots to gift Minteh a goal. But yet Pervis managed an entire half of football without a technical error trying to trap or pass a ball. Another remarkable event on a remarkable afternoon

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
When going forward FK gives me the Caldy vibes. All swashbuckling runs and deft touches. Defensively he is more like Guy Butters pre-Mark Mghee. His recovery runs could be interupted for a fag break and he is nowhere near strong enough in a 50/50. It was the same at Chelsea, lost a 50/50 to Chelsea hard man Jaydon Sancho and the goal where Verbruggem gave the ball away, he looked for the outlet to his right back only to spot him wheezing on the half way line and tried a more difficult pass than should have been necessary.

There was a lot wrong in the first half and it is unfair to single out one player (even if I just did). I think he is going to be great, but right now he needs to work on his stamina and strength.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Contary to what people were saying on the match day thread, I think Weiffer for Baleba was a good sub. Better positionally and less rash when we had our low block. Carlos gets the wrong side of players despite his fantastic athleticism.

Baleba looked like had a strain, he was limping early in the second half, he was then really ‘sucking it up’ and doubled over when he came off…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here