Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Email to Lewes DC

supershadow

Sep 11, 2005
Lemmingland
hello,

I am not an active Albion fan (although I do listen to Southern Counties Radio on a match day), but a council tax payer within the Lewes area.

I have often heard your board mentioned on the radio and at work and I thought I would voice my support as an ordinary member of public within the Lewes area.

Many people within the Lewes area are indeed brighton supporters and hope that they can one day be able to see a successfull professional football club in Sussex.

Therefore, I as well as many others within East Sussex will support the Albion and I have also sent an email to the council which I have attached.

Dear Sirs,

Re - Lewes District Council's decision to apply for a Judicial Review into The ODPM's decision to grant planning permission for a COMMUNITY stadium within the Brighton & Hove Bounderies.

As a council tax payer, I am absolutely disgusted at the decision to apply for a Judicial Review against the Office of the Deputy Prime Ministers decision to grant planning permission for a Community stadium within the Boundary of Brighton & Hove.

I strongly feel that your decision is not within the interests of the vast majority of the people living within the boundaries of Lewes District Council, as this will undoubtedly mean that the funds required for your folly will come from Council Tax payers, a majority of which support the development.

The fact that with the exception of an access road, the main development is within the boundaries of Brighton & Hove and we should not be expected to pay for something that has absolutely nothing to do with us as council tax payers.

You have also failed to recognise within your recent press statement that the area for the main construction is within an AONB. Although this may be correct at present, the site will soon fall outside of the AONB once the revised boundaries for the South Downs National Park have been applied.

I am also disgusted as are many of my friends and family living within the Lewes District Council area that no member of the public or press were allowed access to the council meeting to decide this matter.

We are your electorates and you will all be punished at the next council elections.

Finally, as a former Lib Dem supporter, I will now never vote for your party again whether it be at local or national level, as you are a disgrace to Lewes, Sussex and the rest of the United Kingdom.
------------------------------------

Wishing you all the very best of luck from Lewes!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
To the Argus & LDC...

Democracy is indeed a wonderful thing. We live in a time where people can exercise their right to say what they believe to be correct. But as has been witnessed on a national scale, and now by Lewes District Council on a local scale, those in power are more frequently feeling the need to supress and ignore the wishes of the vast majority. I've read all 1000+ pages of the Falmer reports published over the past 18 months, and have admired the incredibly fair and balanced way the decision was reached. Every blade of grass was covered, every minute aspect was scrutinised to understand and discect all pros and cons. Anyone else who has read it in it's entirety would concur - it was the RIGHT decision.
I can only assume Lewes Disctrict Council have read it as well, but have wholly ignored justice in a bid to meet selfish needs and rip off the public payer one more time by challenging the government. They have NO cause to take this to the high court, but are doing so anyway in spite of British democracy and justice. They are an embarrassment to their land. And they will NOT be successful.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Wow - fantastic stuff. :clap2:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I added this bit on for an e-mail to Baker..

PS
To you personally Mr Baker, no thanks for going back on your word. "I will accept the ruling of the enquiry"... more political lies is it? If you truly meant this you would come out and state it again in public.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
supershadow said:
hello,

I am not an active Albion fan (although I do listen to Southern Counties Radio on a match day), but a council tax payer within the Lewes area.

I have often heard your board mentioned on the radio and at work and I thought I would voice my support as an ordinary member of public within the Lewes area.

Many people within the Lewes area are indeed brighton supporters and hope that they can one day be able to see a successfull professional football club in Sussex.

Therefore, I as well as many others within East Sussex will support the Albion and I have also sent an email to the council which I have attached.

Dear Sirs,

Re - Lewes District Council's decision to apply for a Judicial Review into The ODPM's decision to grant planning permission for a COMMUNITY stadium within the Brighton & Hove Bounderies.

As a council tax payer, I am absolutely disgusted at the decision to apply for a Judicial Review against the Office of the Deputy Prime Ministers decision to grant planning permission for a Community stadium within the Boundary of Brighton & Hove.

I strongly feel that your decision is not within the interests of the vast majority of the people living within the boundaries of Lewes District Council, as this will undoubtedly mean that the funds required for your folly will come from Council Tax payers, a majority of which support the development.

The fact that with the exception of an access road, the main development is within the boundaries of Brighton & Hove and we should not be expected to pay for something that has absolutely nothing to do with us as council tax payers.

You have also failed to recognise within your recent press statement that the area for the main construction is within an AONB. Although this may be correct at present, the site will soon fall outside of the AONB once the revised boundaries for the South Downs National Park have been applied.

I am also disgusted as are many of my friends and family living within the Lewes District Council area that no member of the public or press were allowed access to the council meeting to decide this matter.

We are your electorates and you will all be punished at the next council elections.

Finally, as a former Lib Dem supporter, I will now never vote for your party again whether it be at local or national level, as you are a disgrace to Lewes, Sussex and the rest of the United Kingdom.
------------------------------------

Wishing you all the very best of luck from Lewes!

That is a superb letter.I honestly feel Lewes council are cutting there own throats as people like you will see your council tax bill raised yet again for a wasted adventure

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
superb email and maybe a good template for many more to use and add in their own comments

As a former County Council press and P&R manager (albeit a Northern council) their PR dept and members services officers will HATE having to receive and respond to a barrage of emails and letters

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Well if we're all printing off our letters...

Dear Sirs/Madams,

I am writing to you as I am aware that you are being advised to pursue a Judicial Review of the recent Falmer YES decision given by John Prescott. As a Lewes District Council tax payer I must object vehemently to us pursuing this matter any further. The site for the stadium is not even within our jurisdiction and yet despite the tens of thousands of pounds already wasted on behalf of a few Falmer residents we are still considering pursuing this matter further.

Please could you offer me a complete breakdown of the following;

a) The total costs already spent on the Public Enquiry (including all expenses)
b) The total cost that will be incurred if you loss the Judicial review (Including all government expenses that we will incur)

Then could you please justify to me why we are being asked for a raise in our council tax next year. Newhaven already pays the third highest rates in the district despite being a poor area. There is obviously more than enough money in the coffers if we are able to pour money into the business of other districts

I look forward to your well informed responses as ever.

Best regards

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
brilliant supershadow. :clap:
what we need now is more people within the lewes district to write letters or emails of simillar content.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fantastic stuff on here peeps
Supershadow - I particularly like the "you will all be PUNISHED at the next council elections" bit. My only slight tweek would have been to have the word PUNISHED in capitals, but other than that, super stuff.

:clap:

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Lammy said:
Well if we're all printing off our letters...

Dear Sirs/Madams,

I am writing to you as I am aware that you are being advised to pursue a Judicial Review of the recent Falmer YES decision given by John Prescott. As a Lewes District Council tax payer I must object vehemently to us pursuing this matter any further. The site for the stadium is not even within our jurisdiction and yet despite the tens of thousands of pounds already wasted on behalf of a few Falmer residents we are still considering pursuing this matter further.

Please could you offer me a complete breakdown of the following;

a) The total costs already spent on the Public Enquiry (including all expenses)
b) The total cost that will be incurred if you loss the Judicial review (Including all government expenses that we will incur)

Then could you please justify to me why we are being asked for a raise in our council tax next year. Newhaven already pays the third highest rates in the district despite being a poor area. There is obviously more than enough money in the coffers if we are able to pour money into the business of other districts

I look forward to your well informed responses as ever.

Best regards

Great !! It may be worth asking them how much money they have put into flood defences ...................my bet is it will be less than the money cost for Falmer.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Good point Locky.
I am impressed by the articulate and well argues emails i have read so far, i look forward to the responses from LDC being posted on here.

My Uncles is a vermant supporter of Baker, i believe he may campaign for him during election time. He's a Palace fan too! :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here