Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Email to Lewes DC

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
Fantastic quick reply from LDC....

I'm on annual leave until Monday 5 December, in my absence the following arrangements have been made:
Arianna Silvestri tele 484124 can be contacted Mon, Tues, Wednesday up until 2.00pm. Mandy Jameson will provide cover for me on Weds afternoons, Thursdays and Fridays and will be responding to my emails, requests for press releases and LDC News. She can be contacted on 01273 484141. You can continue to email liz.lacon@lewes.gov.uk
Thanks very much

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Originally posted by Gilliver's Travels

The extent to which L D C councillors are prepared to go, in order to pursue their coldly transparent, sneering hatred of football and the (imagined) bunch of oiks who support it is, quite frankly, shocking. They all deserve to be exposed, called to account, ridiculed and then finally voted out. [/B]

We burnt 'em in 1991. But clearly a good burning wasn't enough for this bunch of sneering, self-satisfied, toadying, incompetent oiks. Is this a rational response? Er no. But then rational doesn't seem to have entered the collective vocabulary of Lewes District Council either. :censored: :censored: :censored:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
roz said:
We burnt 'em in 1991. But clearly a good burning wasn't enough for this bunch of sneering, self-satisfied, toadying, incompetent oiks. Is this a rational response? Er no. But then rational doesn't seem to have entered the collective vocabulary of Lewes District Council either. :censored: :censored: :censored:
Don't go and photograph them as my visit to their website showed a bunch of unattractive tight-lipped, tight-arsed anti-football fanatics.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Dear Mr Berry

It is indeed the case that I personally was prepared to draw stumps
after Prescott's decision, even though I thought it a disgraceful one. I
have not changed my position and have personally taken no action to
continue matters.

The District Council clearly feel they have a good case in law, and time
will tell, I suppose. Incidentally, I understand that the decision to
fight on was taken unanimously, across parties.

I hope this helps.

Norman Baker MP

Was in response to :

Mr Baker,

I appreciate your reply. But you may have seen there were two main
points to
my e-mail. You have addressed the first point, but chosen not to answer
the
second point, which was:

'To you personally Mr Baker, no thanks for going back on your word. "I
will
accept the ruling of the enquiry"... more political lies is it? If you
truly
meant this you would come out and state it again in public'

Maybe you would be so kind to respond one more time?

Kind regards,

Aaron Berry

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Jam The Man said:
Dear Mr Berry

It is indeed the case that I personally was prepared to draw stumps
after Prescott's decision, even though I thought it a disgraceful one. I
have not changed my position and have personally taken no action to
continue matters.

The District Council clearly feel they have a good case in law, and time
will tell, I suppose. Incidentally, I understand that the decision to
fight on was taken unanimously, across parties.

I hope this helps.

Norman Baker MP

Was in response to :

Mr Baker,

I appreciate your reply. But you may have seen there were two main
points to
my e-mail. You have addressed the first point, but chosen not to answer
the
second point, which was:

'To you personally Mr Baker, no thanks for going back on your word. "I
will
accept the ruling of the enquiry"... more political lies is it? If you
truly
meant this you would come out and state it again in public'

Maybe you would be so kind to respond one more time?

Kind regards,

Aaron Berry

Disgraceful? Based on what? He clearly still thinks that LDC have a case. The guy is mad...!!

They are going to get royally flamed for this across Sussex, and good too. What an absolute disgrace this lot are to democracy. And it wasn't taken across all parties, because not all of the councillors were at the meeting....

And by the way Mr Baker, what about the voters. Or do they not matter any more?

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Seagull73 said:
Disgraceful? Based on what? He clearly still thinks that LDC have a case. The guy is mad...!!

They are going to get royally flamed for this across Sussex, and good too. What an absolute disgrace this lot are to democracy. And it wasn't taken across all parties, because not all of the councillors were at the meeting....

And by the way Mr Baker, what about the voters. Or do they not matter any more?

Why keep harping on against Baker, much as I find the guy irritating. Baker is NOT LDC & this appeal has absolute now't to do with him.
Energy should be aimed at LDC cabinet who made this decision.

Actually it was taken across all parties. Both Lib Dem & Conservative are represented proportionally on the cabinet.

There are no other parties represented on LDC with no Greens or Labour & the Independents don't have representation as they are too small.

The political composition of the Council is as follows:

Liberal Democrat Group 26
Conservative Group 10
Independent Group 3
Independent 1
Vacancy 1

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Much as I loathe Norman Baker, that answer seems to be just about the most sensible answer he's ever given.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
A copy of my e-mail to Ann Devecchi:

I’m writing to you as someone that is living within the Lewes District Council area that is utterly disgraced at your decision to appeal the OPDM’s decision on the Falmer stadium.

Where are you going to get the money from to appeal this decision, as a large proportion of people in the area are “pro-stadium”? I presume the money will come from your own back pocket, and not from the council tax. If you are need something to spend council tax money on would it not be better spent on flood defences for Lewes and the surrounding area.

As a resident of Seaford, and someone that voted last time around, I would like to know a couple of things.
1) How much of money, per household, did you spend on the public enquiries?
2) How much money have you allocated to the judicial review?
3) As someone that is “pro-stadium” will I be seeing some money back on my council tax bill?
4) Is this a move that is purely out of principal, without any solid evidence to appeal it on? If you do have solid evidence, when will this be made public?

Thank you for your time, and speedy response,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here