Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eddie Nketiah

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Yeah? And 2nd place, Saido Berahino?
(top 20 also includes Leroy Lita, Solanke, Derbyshire, and Connor Wickham)

https://www.squawka.com/en/what-happened-next-england-u21s-top-10-goalscorers-of-all-time/

1. Nketiah (16 in 14)
=2. Shearer (13 in 11)
=2. Jeffers (13 in 16)
4. Berahino (11 in 12)
5. Redmond (10 in 16).
=6. Bent (9 in 11)
=6. Solanke (9 in 18).
=6. Lampard (9 in 19).
=6. Milner (9 in 46)
=6. Abraham (9 in 26).

Berahino apart (who has talent but is a basketcase), it’s not bad company, and his goals/games ratio is superb.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’d argue the record England U21 goal scorer (breaking Shearer’s record) would be a step up on Aaron Connelly...

I still think that they are the same level.

Connolly only had about 3 full(ish) games for Ireland U21 and got a single goal. Hard to compare.

They’re EPL goal scoring records are almost identical as is their EPL2 achievements:

EPL 2:
Connolly 25 goals from 35 appearances.
Nketiah 27 goals from 38 appearances.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I still think that they are the same level.

Connolly only had about 3 full(ish) games for Ireland U21 and got a single goal. Hard to compare.

They’re EPL goal scoring records are almost identical as is their EPL2 achievements:

EPL 2:
Connolly 25 goals from 35 appearances.
Nketiah 27 goals from 38 appearances.

I don’t think Connolly is a bad player, but needs a season loan. I think Nketiah is a better player, but arguably needs a season loan too. Ideal would be sign him on a four year deal, Welbeck on 1-2 and have him ready after a year. I wouldn’t argue that he isn’t the ‘one’ that we need right now (that’s Eduoard imo)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Ideally we'd just sign an actual adult who has scored a decent amount of a goals at a decent level. Ideally.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don’t think Connolly is a bad player, but needs a season loan. I think Nketiah is a better player, but arguably needs a season loan too. Ideal would be sign him on a four year deal, Welbeck on 1-2 and have him ready after a year. I wouldn’t argue that he isn’t the ‘one’ that we need right now (that’s Eduoard imo)

Agree with with your points other than Connolly vs Nketiah, I guess only time will tell on that one, but if Arsenal let him go, they’d surely pop in a Brewster style buy-back clause if they believe the player has the potential to be a top six striker.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
https://www.squawka.com/en/what-happened-next-england-u21s-top-10-goalscorers-of-all-time/

1. Nketiah (16 in 14)
=2. Shearer (13 in 11)
=2. Jeffers (13 in 16)
4. Berahino (11 in 12)
5. Redmond (10 in 16).
=6. Bent (9 in 11)
=6. Solanke (9 in 18).
=6. Lampard (9 in 19).
=6. Milner (9 in 46)
=6. Abraham (9 in 26).

Berahino apart (who has talent but is a basketcase), it’s not bad company, and his goals/games ratio is superb.

Was it Darren or Marcus Bent?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Let's not pretend that just because a striker comes from Arsenal, he must be good.

Chuba Akpom also came from Arsenal (and Graham Barrett, and I think also Valur Gislasson, for those with long memories).

True, although Nketiah is somewhat more proved and has played considerably more games for his parent club than the other three put together.

Whilst hardly prolific, has scored more goals too.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Let's not pretend that just because a striker comes from Arsenal, he must be good.

Chuba Akpom also came from Arsenal (and Graham Barrett, and I think also Valur Gislasson, for those with long memories).

Lets also not pretend that just because a striker comes from Arsenal, he must be Graham Barrett.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did he pass back to his keeper?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Never wanted him previously as we've always been in for Núñez, who I think has a much better all round game. But the lad is a decent finisher, we could certainly do worse

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Never wanted him previously as we've always been in for Núñez, who I think has a much better all round game. But the lad is a decent finisher, we could certainly do worse

We could do worse, and he’s definitely better than some of our other options available to us. Nunez is a pipe dream now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here