Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eddie Nketiah

Sarisbury Seagull

Solly March Fan Club
NSC Patron
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The implication that its going to be some player found down the back of a sofa. Sorry. Yes Danny Welbeck was 29 when he signed not 28 and Maupay was the Championship player of the year before we signed him for 2019/20.

No, Pukki was Championship POTS in 2019. Also, Andone only had 18 goals in his time in La Liga when he joined us so had a bit of experience but wasn't exactly household.

My point is that I think being underwhelmed and not wanting to sign a talented youngster who has got experience of and scored goals in the PL, and is also England's record U21 goalscorer, is going to leave some very frustrated by our transfer dealings. Like all signings no matter where they come, if we signed him, it might work, it might not but I can't imagine we're going to have the finances or clout to be able to sign anybody of a much better calibre.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No, he wasn't. He also didn't make the Team of the Year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_Awards

Ha ! Yep fair play - i'm getting my awards of the year mixed up ( i think he was player of the year for Brentford and picked up some other similar awards that season). Either way he wasn't some obscure signing. He'd scored 28 goals that season for a club that weren't promoted and plenty of clubs were after him.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My point is that I think being underwhelmed and not wanting to sign a talented youngster who has got experience of and scored goals in the PL, and is also England's record U21 goalscorer,

Agreed. Plenty were underwhelmed by Welbeck, Maupay and Andone so that proves the point.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Ha ! Yep fair play - i'm getting my awards of the year mixed up ( i think he was player of the year for Brentford and picked up some other similar awards that season). Either way he wasn't some obscure signing. He'd scored 28 goals that season for a club that weren't promoted and plenty of clubs were after him.

At the time, he was absolutely a player we all were interested in. We all wanted us to sign him that summer and we did. My concern is that we're looking at Mackail-Smith II.

I need to stop being excited by signing a striker!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Let's not pretend that just because a striker comes from Arsenal, he must be good.

Chuba Akpom also came from Arsenal (and Graham Barrett, and I think also Valur Gislasson, for those with long memories).

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
What on earth would be the point of this? Seriously. Is he better than Connolly? No evidence to suggest he is and a lot of us are calling for Connolly to go out on loan.
And a huge amount on here just yesterday were moaning about Southgate's obsession with potential over current ability.
We have a HUGE squad. We have a HUGE amount of promising youngsters.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Let's not pretend that just because a striker comes from Arsenal, he must be good.

Chuba Akpom also came from Arsenal (and Graham Barrett, and I think also Valur Gislasson, for those with long memories).

I remember his song more than his performances

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’d argue the record England U21 goal scorer (breaking Shearer’s record) would be a step up on Aaron Connelly...

Yeah? And 2nd place, Saido Berahino?
(top 20 also includes Leroy Lita, Solanke, Derbyshire, and Connor Wickham)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here