Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk and Connolly article in The Athletic today

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A few points:

Do we accept that Matt Clarke will be sold on rather than groomed for the first team?

Is it significant that Andy Naylor was allowed to go off on holiday because one of The Athletic's bigger guns was at the game?

Shouldn't it be 'on' The Athletic rather than 'in', as it's a website?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A few points:

Do we accept that Matt Clarke will be sold on rather than groomed for the first team?

It's a bit too early to make that assumption, isn't it?

Is it significant that Andy Naylor was allowed to go off on holiday because one of The Athletic's bigger guns was at the game?

:shrug: Are you suggesting Mr Naylor may be looking for another job, sooner rather than later?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's a bit too early to make that assumption, isn't it?

:shrug: Are you suggesting Mr Naylor may be looking for another job, sooner rather than later?

I thought it was a bit early to send Clarke out on loan, but he doesn't seem to have impressed anywhere near as much at Derby as White has at Leeds.

No, I think Mr Naylor will be there a long time. But I suppose they will tend to see anyone they took from a local paper as junior to their signings from the nationals. Interesting that Jonathan Liew, who would have been one of their targets, has gone from the Independent website to replace Danny Taylor at the Guardian.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I thought it was a bit early to send Clarke out on loan, but he doesn't seem to have impressed anywhere near as much at Derby as White has at Leeds.

Indeed, but I think that says far more about Ben White than it does Clarke. I think White has a VERY exciting future ahead of him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A few points:

Way too early to say especially considering Potter was scouting him already when managing Swansea. He obviously see great potential in Clarke so if he - in the end - goes to have a good season in Derby I think he might have a great chance to play for Brighton next season. Especially since Philip Cocu is Dutch and not too far from Potter in regards of what type of football you want to play.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think we'll need to see a higher level from Clarke at Derby for the rest of the season for him to have a chance of making the 25 next season*. It's only October

*I'm assuming we survive

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Indeed, but I think that says far more about Ben White than it does Clarke. I think White has a VERY exciting future ahead of him.

So do I. But I wonder who is going to make way for him if it's at the Albion. .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here