Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dryrobe chav central...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not really.
Mods were a youth cult, I don’t see groups of teens wearing these Dryrobes, to be honest I’ve seen more photos on this thread of people wearing a Dryrobe than I have in the streets.
I did see 2 women wearing Dryrobes yesterday but this was next to Seaford beach and I think they may have been going sea swimming
Two women were complimenting each others dry robe in Waitrose yesterday 🤣

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I can imagine the older generation saying exactly the same thing when the mods wore the fish tale parka’s.
Dry robes are the modern day Parka fashion is one big merry go round.
Aren't Dry Robes designed for getting changed and keeping your body temp up when you're outdoor swimming? Hardly the same as a Parka.
A guy in the park wears one whilst walking his dog but also wears shorts. I just think, twat alert.

Anyone who wears one to football stadium in compact seating needs to take a hard long look at themselves. Selfish idiots.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Aren't Dry Robes designed for getting changed and keeping your body temp up when you're outdoor swimming? Hardly the same as a Parka.
A guy in the park wears one whilst walking his dog but also wears shorts. I just think, twat alert.

Anyone who wears one to football stadium in compact seating needs to take a hard long look at themselves. Selfish idiots.
Maybe the pockets are stuffed with bottle tops that they supply to people in their row? :)

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
The brand Dry Robe was originally invented by a North Devon surfer / surf lifesaving bloke who got his mum to make one.
I did buy another brand of changing robe but couldn't get on with it. After decades of getting changed as quick as I can on freezing clifftops, it just doesn't make sense to do it another way, so I sold it. They are now largely worn by wannabes and I get a small bit of sick in my mouth when I see them. Turn up at Brighton's premier surf spot in one and you'll probably be banned.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Worry about people? Yeah, sure. Judge and mock them for what they are wearing? Absolutely not. What's it got to do with you?
Judging people is part of life and enormous fun. Stereotypes exist for a reason!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Mods wore parkas to keep suits clean

the most useless garment for riding a scooter over 20 mph, not water or wind proof in that applicatrion. Same goes for trench coats and crombies. Flight jackets little better, but we all wore them at least once.

I'm rather fond of this as an over layer.

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpeg
    IMG_0231.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 22

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I bet if Dry Robes teamed up with Stone Island though, they would be seen all over the Amex and at away games.
Probably not if they were selling at around the £1000+ mark, most of the yoof wearing Stone Island at the Amex are wearing the cheapest sweat shirts that they sell.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Mods wore parkas to keep suits clean

the most useless garment for riding a scooter over 20 mph, not water or wind proof in that applicatrion. Same goes for trench coats and crombies. Flight jackets little better, but we all wore them at least once.

I'm rather fond of this as an over layer.
I used to wear my dad's RAF greatcoat on my Lambretta. He took all the buttons off to wear in civvies and I bought the RAF brass buttons and made it look military to his amusement. Kept the wind out but soaked up the rain.............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here