Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dryrobe chav central...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm in a pissy mood this morning and felt the need to bounce this three year old thread to slag people for no real reason. International break side effect I guess.

At kids rugby this morning, it's 10 degrees and not raining, yet a good third of parents are waddling about in 'Dryrobes'. They look like bloody idiots. We also couldn't be much further from the coast in rural Berkshire.

Feels a bit better putting that out there.

Cotton traders are missing a trick

If Rugby wankers are turning up in Dry robes, they'd fly off the shelves with the ultimate in middle classness label embroidered on them. Imagine a Cotton Traders dry robe and Brogue shoes?

I should work in marketing.

Flounce

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2006
I suppose its still a bit early in the year for those canada goose puffy things.

It's just as well these things have a massive badge sewn on a sleeve or we'd never know you got fleeced double price for a garment.
Jealousy is not a nice trait :wink:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Today's been thr first day I've noticed some around too - tis quite chilly though, more so as annoyingly it's fully cloudy despite met office and BBC showing full sun most of the day😠

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Catch the train to London. Stopping at: Rejection. Disappointment. Dryrobe Chav Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Cotton traders are missing a trick

If Rugby wankers are turning up in Dry robes, they'd fly off the shelves with the ultimate in middle classness label embroidered on them. Imagine a Cotton Traders dry robe and Brogue shoes?

I should work in marketing.
I thought North Face had that market sewn up?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You’ve just bought a Dryrobe haven’t you ? :lolol: :moo:
No.

I just don't agree with the 'fashion police' deciding what people should wear and when they should wear it. The same goes for what people eat or drink, what music they listen to or basically any other choices they make.

In short, what the fack has it got to do with anyone else? Worry about yourselves, not other people.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
No.

I just don't agree with the 'fashion police' deciding what people should wear and when they should wear it. The same goes for what people eat or drink, what music they listen to or basically any other choices they make.

In short, what the fack has it got to do with anyone else? Worry about yourselves, not other people.
If we don’t worry about other people, society would be a lot poorer for. Standards matter, if you choose to ignore then people will judge and rightly so. There’s a reason for ‘em in every aspect of life.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
If we don’t worry about other people, society would be a lot poorer for. Standards matter, if you choose to ignore then people will judge and rightly so. There’s a reason for ‘em in every aspect of life.
As a society yes of course we should worry about other people in many areas of life. What people wear, and whether they wear dry robes or not, absolutely isn't one of those areas.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
As a society yes of course we should worry about other people in many areas of life. What people wear, and whether they wear dry robes or not, absolutely isn't one of those areas.
But the poster said we shouldn’t care about anyone else. Regardless, appearance is important because people make judgements like it or not based upon. If someone came to an office interview wearing one of those I’d have no problem forming the opinion they’re a slob. The End.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No.

Fair enough comments, I’m not sure most on this thread are really taking it that seriously though.

People making choices to talk very loudly in public on their mobile, and owning cars with banging / popping exhaust pipes bother me far more than these Dryrobe wearers.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Spotted a camouflage one in Lidl this morning (just)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Fair enough comments, I’m not sure most on this thread are really taking it that seriously though.

People making choices to talk very loudly in public on their mobile, and owning cars with banging / popping exhaust pipes bother me far more than these Dryrobe wearers.
But seriously enough to call them out?

I honestly couldn't give a shit about any of it. Far more important things in my life to worry about :thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
How much importance we place on other people's opinions, sartorial or otherwise, might be key here.

We spend too much time worrying about what other people think of us.

They're far too busy thinking about what we think of them to do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here