Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dryrobe chav central...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Fair enough comments, I’m not sure most on this thread are really taking it that seriously though.

People making choices to talk very loudly in public on their mobile, and owning cars with banging / popping exhaust pipes bother me far more than these Dryrobe wearers.
Every time a car or bike goes past with its banging / popping exhaust, I shout "No one cares how f***ing loud your car is"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You are commenting on this thread though :lolol: :thumbsup:
Yep. To point out the ridiculousness (IMO) of judging people by their appearance.

Is that OK, or are there rules about what people post as well as what they wear? :wink:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If we don’t worry about other people, society would be a lot poorer for. Standards matter, if you choose to ignore then people will judge and rightly so. There’s a reason for ‘em in every aspect of life.
Worry about people? Yeah, sure. Judge and mock them for what they are wearing? Absolutely not. What's it got to do with you?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Take a look around, society is collapsing around us, there should be more judging if anything
Why? What good does that do? In this case, people are trying to shame others for what they are wearing? Lovely attitude.

Maybe that's part of the reason society IS collapsing (I'm not actually convinced that it is, but I'm carrying on your scenario).

SkirlieWirlie

Jan 6, 2024
A woman in our row at the Amex wears one. Absolute TWUNT*

*My opinion may be skewed by the fact she has a bladder the size of a walnut and is back and forth to the ladies a dozen times every game, and the dry robe is an easy target 😁

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I had one (not Dry Robe but a different brand called D Robe) for walking the dog in winter, it was flipping boiling and I kept tripping over the front of it and the dog would look at me weirdly as if to say can I be walked by someone more capable please! So I sold it on FB MP to a lady who played hockey and wanted it so she didn't freeze on the sideline...There are a few people around Shoreham who do use them for their intended purpose. The sea swimmers club using them I completely get, but wearing to the Amex is a bit odd...although I'm sure it keeps her warm. She's probably frozen half the time like I am...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I can imagine the older generation saying exactly the same thing when the mods wore the fish tale parka’s.
Dry robes are the modern day Parka fashion is one big merry go round.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why? What good does that do? In this case, people are trying to shame others for what they are wearing? Lovely attitude.

Maybe that's part of the reason society IS collapsing (I'm not actually convinced that it is, but I'm carrying on your scenario).
All I know is there seems to be more degenerates walking around than ever before.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I can imagine the older generation saying exactly the same thing when the mods wore the fish tale parka’s.
Dry robes are the modern day Parka fashion is one big merry go round.
Not really.
Mods were a youth cult, I don’t see groups of teens wearing these Dryrobes, to be honest I’ve seen more photos on this thread of people wearing a Dryrobe than I have in the streets.
I did see 2 women wearing Dryrobes yesterday but this was next to Seaford beach and I think they may have been going sea swimming

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This little snazzy number:

Even they are taking the piss :lolol:

IMG_1562.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here