Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Death Row - Which would you choose?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well that's the problem. Because they can't get the drugs, they've just been winging it with whatever shit they've got. Injecting people with drugs that vets refuse to even administer to animals.
This one has always puzzled me - and I realise the problems with the drugs are generally raised by those opposed to, and dedicated to hindering the execution process, which is understandable - but why cannot they use a simple anaesthetic such as is used every day in hospitals, and once it has taken effect, use anything lethal? - it does not need to come under health and safety regulations - it doesn't have to be safe - it is there to kill! By definition it should be unhealthy and unsafe, surely?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Someone put the Graham chapman choice of death from the meaning of life up please
I struggle with this stuff now

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
This one has always puzzled me - and I realise the problems with the drugs are generally raised by those opposed to, and dedicated to hindering the execution process, which is understandable - but why cannot they use a simple anaesthetic such as is used every day in hospitals, and once it has taken effect, use anything lethal? - it does not need to come under health and safety regulations - it doesn't have to be safe - it is there to kill! By definition it should be unhealthy and unsafe, surely?
Because no pharmaceutical company wants to be known as "the company that kills people". They won't sell to the prisons.

Similarly, no doctor wants anything to do with it.

And "simple anesthetic" isn't really a thing. There's a reason with anaesthesiologists are among the highest paid medical personnel.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Firing squad. Televised. Make the fuckers see what is happening in their name.
Hmmm, for a country that voted in Trump and excuses daily gun massacres I don't think this would have your desired impact. Instead I’m confident tens of millions would find it essential viewing, probably host friends and family Wings Nights and also let the kids stay up late to watch :)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’d go for the electric chair I’ve already survived a massive electric shock when apparently the doc told me I shouldn’t be here.
I’d give beating the chair ago🤣

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Firing squad seems to be the most instant and painless. So I’d go for that. It’s got a historic appeal too. If “appeal” is the right word.

The lethal injection is about as far from “slipping into a peaceful sleep” as it’s possible to get, from what I’ve read.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because no pharmaceutical company wants to be known as "the company that kills people". They won't sell to the prisons.

Similarly, no doctor wants anything to do with it.

And "simple anesthetic" isn't really a thing. There's a reason with anaesthesiologists are among the highest paid medical personnel.
Anaesthesiologists may be the highest paid medical personnel - but that is because the main part of their remit is to keep the patient alive, sometimes at levels of very deep unconsciousness, with heart rates and blood pressure sometimes needed to be lowered to potentially dangerous levels. That doesn't apply to lethal injections!
And that sort of anaesthetising - as in rendering someone unconscious - really is simple; nitrous oxide will do it, massive injection of morphine, whatever - yes, it will harm the 'patient', but that is the idea!

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Firing squad.

I'm all about the fun and if I'm going to go, I might as well provide some fun to the soldiers. If you're in the military, you like people dying, which isn't necessarily the case with some doctor giving you the lethal injection.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If I could choose the lethal injection drug, I would take a lethal dose of smack.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

For those too young to remember, Gilmore was given his choice of execution and chose the firing squad.
It wasn't so much that he was given the choice - he insisted upon it. He was on death-row, but no executions had been carried out for years. He insisted that if he been sentenced to death, the sentence should be carried out. He demanded a firing squad, and after quite a battle with the authorities he finally got one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here