Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If I had been that paramedic chatting to a Brighton fan I would have also said, 'don't worry he's fine mate, just precautionary' :shrug:

Which is just about exactly what happened 👍
I'm sure I would have too - certainly to one who I knew (as was the case here), rather than perhaps randoms.

It was more the scary part about Welbeck not being able to initial feel his legs :eek: that seemed like information that ought not to have been made public (unless the player himself at some point chose to make so).

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
My point is: they treated wellbeck, which just so happens to be their last act of the day at work, which just so happens to coincide with the end of the soccer game and then they happen to go to the same bar as all the soccer fans and the spout confidential medical information....come on man!

Also that is very different from anonymized information another person was talking about. I bet those stories don't include the patients names.
Are you @Han Solo ?

I’m really confused as to how any of what you describe above is somehow far-fetched.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
My point is: they treated wellbeck, which just so happens to be their last act of the day at work, which just so happens to coincide with the end of the soccer game and then they happen to go to the same bar as all the soccer fans and the spout confidential medical information....come on man!

Also that is very different from anonymized information another person was talking about. I bet those stories don't include the patients names.

I seem to be saying it a lot recently, but this is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever read on this site.

Do you think emergency services have their own pubs or something? We’ve reached a point where “A man met one of he friends in a pub” is now a potential clue to some grand deception. F*ck me.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Are you @Han Solo ?

I’m really confused as to how any of what you describe above is somehow far-fetched.
Paramedic is working at the game. Treats Danny, takes him to the nearby hospital. Danny is discharged 30 minutes later. Paramedic's shift is now ended. Goes to a pub in town on a Saturday evening. Chats to Brighton fans who are staying over for the weekend. Talk turns to the match. Paramedic says he was working at the ground. Is asked about Danny. Says summat like, "Don't worry lads, he's fine. Said he couldn't feel his legs at first which was a worry, but all good in the end." Shake hands, go separate ways.

Nope, it's the stuff of Hollywood...

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Paramedic is working at the game. Treats Danny, takes him to the nearby hospital. Danny is discharged 30 minutes later. Paramedic's shift is now ended. Goes to a pub in town on a Saturday evening. Chats to Brighton fans who are staying over for the weekend. Talk turns to the match. Paramedic says he was working at the ground. Is asked about Danny. Says summat like, "Don't worry lads, he's fine. Said he couldn't feel his legs at first which was a worry, but all good in the end." Shake hands, go separate ways.

Nope, it's the stuff of Hollywood...
Throw in a dance routine and some tigers and it could be Bollywood.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Does anyoneknow how Danny is doing? Any updates since his post saying he was hoping to train this week?
Funny you say this…

I was just at the pub in my lunch hour and who did I bump into? The chief scanner at one of the local hospitals the Albion use. In learning I was an Albion fan she couldn’t wait to get her phone out and show me Welbeck’s latest scan and talk me through it all. She had the file saved on her personal phone as ‘DatGuyScan.pdf’ and everything. She then proceeded to show me some pics of the rash he got in 2015. He will be fine.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He was sent to the Royal Sussex County, but unfortunately they operated on him with a penknife.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
:rolleyes:

The medical and injury status of our players is discussed all the time. If a player has an ACL or break medical staff will know as soon as it is confirmed. They tell the club and the head coach then tells the press (de facto tells EVERYONE) at a press conference. During Covid everyone knew who had tested positive.

It's baffling that you can't see this.
Agree with injury issues although I don’t think we did mention openly who had COVID and who didn’t as this is more of a ‘confidential health’ statement.
Glad to be proven wrong on that. I think it was just assumed by fans but nothing specifically from the club.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This has been a cracking thread.

I hope Danny Welbeck reads it. Knowing how much we care about him, it's bound to aid his recovery.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
How about we all agree everyone is right about this paramedic saga? Yes he probably shouldn't have said anything but British culture is somewhat less litigious than our American cousins and besides, you would have a hard time proving any of it happened. Which is not to doubt the author, more that this is verbal hearsay rather than say if the deviant paramedic put it up on Xitter.

On a different subject I absolutely love Danny and he is an early contender for POTS but I would never vote for him on account of the curse.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
1000007525.jpg

Shit! I didn't realise things were that bad! 😢

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here