Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I seem to be saying it a lot recently, but this is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever read on this site.

Do you think emergency services have their own pubs or something? We’ve reached a point where “A man met one of he friends in a pub” is now a potential clue to some grand deception. F*ck me.
Both the guy you quoted and Swansman are that most modern of things - the foreign, internet football hipster that's never wrong. So both regard it as cheating when Brighton fans go to places like pubs and hear stuff from people in the know. How very dare they? They should be at home watching youTube videos of the Italian third division like normal people.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
My point is: they treated wellbeck, which just so happens to be their last act of the day at work, which just so happens to coincide with the end of the soccer game and then they happen to go to the same bar as all the soccer fans and the spout confidential medical information....come on man!

Also that is very different from anonymized information another person was talking about. I bet those stories don't include the patients names.
SILENCE.jpg

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Both the guy you quoted and Swansman are that most modern of things - the foreign, internet football hipster that's never wrong. So both regard it as cheating when Brighton fans go to places like pubs and hear stuff from people in the know. How very dare they? They should be at home watching youTube videos of the Italian third division like normal people.

Unfortunately it’s a disease that infests every aspect of the internet now. It’s why people are experts in Middle Eastern conflict one week (because they skimmed the Wikipedia article on Palestine) and body language experts (because they watched a true crime documentary on Netflix) the next.

Why be relatively knowledgeable about topics you actually know about when you can be an expert on every subject ever? All it requires is paddling pool depth knowledge on a subject and the arrogance to think you can’t be wrong.

That’s why outside of football I stick to my areas of expertise on here. If it’s not about a UK Hip-Hop artist only 4 people care about, cocaine dealers between Worthing and Brighton or local pubs then I keep my nose out because I don’t have a clue. And that’s okay.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We all know that Danny is head and shoulders above the rest of the team.
And he's been incognito in hospital, using the name Dan Druff.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
When did soccer/football become such a shibboleth in this country? I'm sure when I was a small child in the 90s it wasn't seen as that weird to call it soccer, and I can't imagine things like Soccer Saturday would be called that if it had been considered such a big deal, notwithstanding the obvious appeal of the alliteration.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
When did soccer/football become such a shibboleth in this country? I'm sure when I was a small child in the 90s it wasn't seen as that weird to call it soccer, and I can't imagine things like Soccer Saturday would be called that if it had been considered such a big deal, notwithstanding the obvious appeal of the alliteration.
I bought Soccer Star magazine weekly in about 1963

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The word soccer has been regularly and consistently used in the UK for literally decades. Some people just find it a handy stick to beat the US with (because EVRYTHING about the US is VERY BAD, obviously).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here