Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Minteh is the fastest player on the training pitch, at 35.4 km an hour. Over a short distance, he's electric.

Yep. Exactly what you need from a winger. He has the ability to go inside or outside of opposing full backs, that terrifies them!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Minteh is the fastest player on the training pitch, at 35.4 km an hour. Over a short distance, he's electric.

Yep. Exactly what you need from a winger. He has the ability to go inside or outside of opposing full backs, that terrifies them!
Chatting to several Newcastle fans on the train before the match and they were all absolutely gutted to have lost Minteh. They realise he's raw and inconsistent, but they all kept pointing out that he's only 20.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

And if he's the central striker, he can go between them. Not only will he terrify them, he will beat them in a straight line foot race. Few defenders can match him. Maybe Van der Ven.

If you think we need width against Wolves, then we already have two very good wingers in Mitoma and Adingra, who will stretch the Wolves back line.

Imagine a front four of Mitoma, Minteh and Adingra with Rutter just behind....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And if he's the central striker, he can go between them. Not only will he terrify them, he will beat them in a straight line foot race. Few defenders can match him. Maybe Van der Ven.

If you think we need width against Wolves, then we already have two very good wingers in Mitoma and Adingra, who will stretch the Wolves back line.

Wolves showed enough at times v City to suggest they're not going to be easy to beat. They clearly have pace on the counter and showed a lot of resilience until the 5th minute of stoppage time.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Wolves showed enough at times v City to suggest they're not going to be easy to beat. They clearly have pace on the counter and showed a lot of resilience until the 5th minute of stoppage time.
You're right. Wolves very nearly succeeded in keeping City to 1-1, despite having 4 touches in the opp box to City's 85.

The implication of your post is that we can't afford the luxury of a 4-2-3-1, unless Fab orchestrates one of his fluid tactical displays, that tbh, I don't pretend to understand.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You're right. Wolves very nearly succeeded in keeping City to 1-1, despite having 4 touches in the opp box to City's 85.

The implication of your post is that we can't afford the luxury of a 4-2-3-1, unless Fab orchestrates one of his fluid tactical displays, that tbh, I don't pretend to understand.
We can't get complacent, or we'll concede a breakaway goal and they'll sit back and soak it up.

And nobody truly understands Fabian's tactics, not even Fabian.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If Danny's not fit for the weekend we have Fergie and Enciso both of which have that as their preferred role, albeit very different to one another and Danny. I've noticed this season that Enciso only ever comes on in that striker role since we've been well stocked on wingers and no 10s.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I was out drinking with one of the Newcastle paramedics after the game, and he explained that they were cautious with Danny as he initially complained of not being able to feel his legs, after the impact.

They took him to the hospital adjacent the ground, but discharged him after half an hour as he recovered pretty quickly and no serious issues were found

He'll be back before you know it 👍

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
We could legitimately have Danny Welbeck on steroids
Wlebeck.png

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

So, you’re suggesting we play a player in a position he’s never played in before? In the Premier League? ???

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
So, you’re suggesting we play a player in a position he’s never played in before? In the Premier League? ???
Why not? Play in-form players outside their comfort zones. If you don't try it, you'll never find out if it would have worked, will you?
By all means have a plan B at the ready if it goes pear-shaped.

I'm sure Potter and De Zerbi played players out of position at various times.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
We can't get complacent, or we'll concede a breakaway goal and they'll sit back and soak it up.

And nobody truly understands Fabian's tactics, not even Fabian.
If this lot score first we are going to see 10 men behind the ball for the rest of the game , i think i drove my wife mad saying that repeatedly on Sunday . City seemed to want to walk it in , they`ve got so many players capable of shots from just about anywhere - but they didn`t , i hope Fab tells our lads to put their shooting boots on ,with that many bodies in the box anything can happen .

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
If Danny's not fit for the weekend we have Fergie and Enciso both of which have that as their preferred role, albeit very different to one another and Danny. I've noticed this season that Enciso only ever comes on in that striker role since we've been well stocked on wingers and no 10s.
We will need Enciso`s shooting prowess on Saturday .

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Surely, with landing and the risk of turbulence he’d stay in hospital up north if there was a fracture or nerve issue.
I work in medical assistance on travel insurance and people with back fractures are okay to travel as long as it's not an unstable fracture. Depending on the severity they may require an air ambulance though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here