Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Championship Division One, Yorkshire v Sussex at Leeds

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Late coming to the inevitable Sussex relegation party but did not dream we would perform so poorly. Fancy putting in the Yorkies to bat first on their own pitch. One wonders what other misjudgements we will have to endure this summer. I blame Gus MacKay.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Late coming to the inevitable Sussex relegation party but did not dream we would perform so poorly. Fancy putting in the Yorkies to bat first on their own pitch. One wonders what other misjudgements we will have to endure this summer. I blame Gus MacKay.
Shrewd analysis. The last couple of overs before tea have certainly put things into perspective.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yorkshire have already doubled their run rate from their 1st Innings and this looks like a handy partnership. The evening session looks like being a slog in both senses of the word.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Perhaps Sussex have an attacking field due to the size of their lead and are only interested in taking wickets? With this policy, fours are inevitable as the fielders are all close to the bat.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Blessed rain!

Jul 20, 2003
Just found out at one of Tony Pigott's middle names is 'Shackleton'. It's thing like that make my days.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Perhaps Sussex have an attacking field due to the size of their lead and are only interested in taking wickets? With this policy, fours are inevitable as the fielders are all close to the bat.
nice one :lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We've managed to take this to day three, surely some sort of celebration is in order?

:rave::drink::sheep:

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
We have to keep our heads up. This season is going from bad to worse and I can't see any respite until Holland on 20th of bloody May, and even that's away! FFS Murray (Goodwin).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here