Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congrats Palace

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
Was out of the country, so watched online and maybe saw more than what others may have at the game and in all fairness i did think you lot were a tad unlucky on the ref's decision making; some identical tackles/fouls were made (especially in midfield) and the ref just didn't want to know, whereas we would've been given a freekick. Admittedly, Murray did dive for the first pen but there was contact so had every right to go down. Absolutely over the moon with the win although i do think you going down to 10 men and 2 of our goals being penalties does take the shine off a bit (unlike last season at the amex). Also not sure whether the stream i listened to was placed by your fans or if it was genuine noise but i thought you were a louder than us too. Maybe the pressure was on us more than it was on you and we were a bit more anxious (who knows) but i know i certainly was.

The reason he didn't want to know was because straight after Dunk had an early bath Brighton players hit the floor like they had been shot everytime a Palace player got near them, the ref could see what they were trying to do and any legit calls later on were simply ignored because he asumed they were still diving. I was surprised the Brighton goalie didn't get a red for pushing the ref as well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The reason he didn't want to know was because straight after Dunk had an early bath Brighton players hit the floor like they had been shot everytime a Palace player got near them, the ref could see what they were trying to do and any legit calls later on were simply ignored because he asumed they were still diving. I was surprised the Brighton goalie didn't get a red for pushing the ref as well.

Are you a little bit simple?

The tackle by Digakoi on Bridcutt was the worst challenge in the game by 100 miles. It was disgusting, and pure fluke that Bridcutt was not seriously injured. Any ref bottling that is simply not fit to referee. If as you say, his decision making was affected by earlier incidents, then that reflects even more badly on him.

The Albion were well beaten on Saturday. That doesn't automatically follow, that the ref was NOT terrible. He was.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Palace deserve credit not only for today but for being able to put in another good performance in a derby match. In 4 Championship seasons we've saved our worst performance of the season for Palace in 3 of them

Fair play to you. Why do you think that is? Ok, Saturday was clearly not helped for you by Dunk. But why do you think you seem to regularly crumble against us? Brighton are clearly a good side and if i'm honest i thought you would be progressing at a rate of knots but you seem to start to reach the heights of play-off places and promise lots but then you drift away into mid-table? Do you think that will happen again? Personally, I think you should be a top six side this year but i wouldn't put money on it. You do seem to bottle it on the big games. I'm looking forward to returning to the Amex next year and I hope it stays 11 v 11 so perhaps we can have a proper battle and confirm who has the bragging rights. (Again)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Fair play to you. Why do you think that is? Ok, Saturday was clearly not helped for you by Dunk. But why do you think you seem to regularly crumble against us?

I think a lot is that you know this division so well. There is something in the culture of a club that transmits itself onto the pitch. Why do United always keep going to the whistle. You just know the championship and what is required. You have an Academy that means a playing resource putting presure on the first team, and that are used to playing at a higher level. We can play well in individual matches and on our day can beat most teams. But our record against teams above us is poor, and it looks like the additional pressure of a derby crowd also makes us wilt.

I went to see our development squad the other week play QPR. They are a long way short of our first team. I noticed in the same week that yours were playing Man City. Well your players will have received if not better coaching, better match experience.

That is why it is no bad thing for us to spend a few years in this division and why we need to get our Academy into production. It will take a few years of course - but we have the time and we have the resource to fund it.

Our day will come.

Crofty

Sep 27, 2011
Sometimes you've got to be man enough to give credit when it's due. Yes they beat 10 men and yes they did so with a right back playing left back then centre half, yes their penalties were not penalties & should not have been given. However they won and look a very good side - Bolasie was outstanding and even outshone Zaha & we couldn't cope with Murray. So time to man up, congratulate them & be gracious in defeat.

Thanks Phil. Bolasie is awesome and some rate him above Wilf. He has been lucky to find his form under the radar so to speak.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think a lot is that you know this division so well. There is something in the culture of a club that transmits itself onto the pitch. Why do United always keep going to the whistle. You just know the championship and what is required. You have an Academy that means a playing resource putting presure on the first team, and that are used to playing at a higher level. We can play well in individual matches and on our day can beat most teams. But our record against teams above us is poor, and it looks like the additional pressure of a derby crowd also makes us wilt.

I went to see our development squad the other week play QPR. They are a long way short of our first team. I noticed in the same week that yours were playing Man City. Well your players will have received if not better coaching, better match experience.

That is why it is no bad thing for us to spend a few years in this division and why we need to get our Academy into production. It will take a few years of course - but we have the time and we have the resource to fund it.

Our day will come.

Sensible post, and yes your day will come.
It has taken years to get our academy up to the level it is today, this includes the scouting network that gives us first dibs on south londons youngsters. This area is a rich seam of talent, and the best kids are coming to us rather then the big London clubs because they know , if good enough, they will progress to the 1st team, rather then stockpiled at a premiership club.
Recent victories against Chelsea and Man City by the under 18's proves we are on a level with these major clubs.
Don't be inpatient, it will take years for your academy to get established , but you can't beat that feeling of seeing one of your boys being picked for the national team .

Crofty

Sep 27, 2011
Sensible post, and yes your day will come.
It has taken years to get our academy up to the level it is today, this includes the scouting network that gives us first dibs on south londons youngsters. This area is a rich seam of talent, and the best kids are coming to us rather then the big London clubs because they know , if good enough, they will progress to the 1st team, rather then stockpiled at a premiership club.
Recent victories against Chelsea and Man City by the under 18's proves we are on a level with these major clubs.
Don't be inpatient, it will take years for your academy to get established , but you can't beat that feeling of seeing one of your boys being picked for the national team .

Have to agree there! :clap::clap::clap:

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
Are you a little bit simple?

The tackle by Digakoi on Bridcutt was the worst challenge in the game by 100 miles. It was disgusting, and pure fluke that Bridcutt was not seriously injured. Any ref bottling that is simply not fit to referee. If as you say, his decision making was affected by earlier incidents, then that reflects even more badly on him.

The Albion were well beaten on Saturday. That doesn't automatically follow, that the ref was NOT terrible. He was.

Simple, simple as I didn't read my post like you seem to have not? I said 'any legit calls... etc. But lets face it your team was shite, your players go down more than a Brighton girlfriend I used to have and they screwed up any chance of any of our players being sent off (not that I'd agree with any being red-carded) simply because they do what you lot accuse Zaha of doing & diving. If Zaha does dive he sure looks does it a lot better than any Brighton player because they far from make it look convincing. Anyway I just hope I can get a ticket in March, a few thousand of you say your shite tems get hammered Saturday & I want to see the faces all of you suffer an even worse defeat on your home turf!:falmer:

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
Simple, simple as I didn't read my post like you seem to have not? I said 'any legit calls... etc. But lets face it your team was shite, your players go down more than a Brighton girlfriend I used to have and they screwed up any chance of any of our players being sent off (not that I'd agree with any being red-carded) simply because they do what you lot accuse Zaha of doing & diving. If Zaha does dive he sure looks does it a lot better than any Brighton player because they far from make it look convincing. Anyway I just hope I can get a ticket in March, a few thousand of you say your shite tems get hammered Saturday & I want to see the faces all of you suffer an even worse defeat on your home turf!:falmer:

'saw' 'team'... bloody typos!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here