Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congrats Palace

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Impossible to know.

It was exactly the sort of the game where having no 'plan b' causes issues. It was clear from the start that they were going to play a high line, close our players down early and not allow us the the time/space on the ball that our system dictates. We aren't good in those situations.

I'm all for the way that Gus has established over the last three years, but we are crying out for an alternative option for different types of games.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Have to agree. A lot of tosh spoken about the game. We were not good enough. Move on.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Did anyone else think that the "barging over" of Murray (for the penalty) was no worse than 10-20 incidents where an Albion player was knocked off the ball with no decision being given to us?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Did anyone else think that the "barging over" of Murray (for the penalty) was no worse than 10-20 incidents where an Albion player was knocked off the ball with no decision being given to us?

No.

The second penalty was as clear a penalty as it would ever be possible to give. A blatant two handed shove on Murray from the moronic Greer. To give anything other than a penalty would have been a farce.

Kuskzkzkzkack was also lucky not to see red for the first penalty, and then for pushing the referee and shouting in his face when the decision was given.

How Brighton finished the game with more than 9 men I'll never know, although Dikgacoi could have been sent off too.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think with Bolasie and Zaha Palace are a very good side, only an idiot could fail to see that.

I do, however, think that without them (or possibly either of them), they would suddenly become very very average. So if they are sold or get injured, I reckon Palace drop. Murray looks like he is playing well, but in between those 2 wingers I reckon most strikers would.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It's nice that some of you have been gracious in defeat,but some of the responses on other threads are laughable .
What happens on the pitch is all that should matter, and its quite evident that some of you are more interested in crowds and the catering .

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
I think with Bolasie and Zaha Palace are a very good side, only an idiot could fail to see that.

I do, however, think that without them (or possibly either of them), they would suddenly become very very average. So if they are sold or get injured, I reckon Palace drop. Murray looks like he is playing well, but in between those 2 wingers I reckon most strikers would.

Your right ,
However I expect Palace to strengthen the squad in January and we have Jonny Williams to come back to cover Wilf and Bolasie and he's not half bad.
We won't be selling just adding might as well give it a go given our lofty position.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

And the same could be said about any team in this division if they lost 2 of there best players.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
And the same could be said about any team in this division if they lost 2 of there best players.

Arguably you could say it about any football team anywhere. But it's about extent.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Arguably you could say it about any football team anywhere. But it's about extent.

Fair enough, your opinion. But I fully expect us to strengthen the wide areas and up front in January, the board have said money is available.

The Sash

Dec 1, 2012

We would - we desperatley need cover for them. To be honest it wouldn't have mattered whether you had 10 men or 12 yesterday I dont think you would have won. Even in that first 8 minutes your team looked scared to death. Losing a Palace v 3right0n game is one thing - losing it playing like a bunch of litle girls is another. Your team did you no credit yesterday. As for the great white dope Buckley - FFS he was awful, and people say Zaha dives. Buckley goes down quicker than a $5 crack whore

It was like Southampton away again without the noisy home fans. 1-0 down - chance to equalise - miss it - two dodgy pens - damage limitation - fans moan at everyone. :lolol:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Zaha was absolutely shit.

Bolasie was different class.

Murray is always a difficult player to deal with.

I don't think Palace were great at all, they had the rub of the green other than that they weren't a team you'd think is in the top 2.

They've not got the depth up top in their squad to go up, I think they'll finish around 8/9th.

If we had 11 men I think we'd have won by 1 or 2.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

I don't think Palace were great at all, they had the rub of the green other than that they weren't a team you'd think is in the top 2.

They've not got the depth up top in their squad to go up, I think they'll finish around 8/9th.

:clap::clap::clap:

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012

More bitter lemons than Surrey street market

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here