Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congrats Palace

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Just saw them again on FLS, 2nd Murray was barged over so how is that not a penalty? 1st was a bit soft I guess but there was contact. We only lost one home game, the 1st one, I guess the return game will be a different matter & many a game before then...

Because the referee failed to give us a penalty for an identical foul on Buckley?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Because the referee failed to give us a penalty for an identical foul on Buckley?

Was that the one in the first half ?
The dive was so bad, even he was embarrassed .

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Was that the one in the first half ?
The dive was so bad, even he was embarrassed .

How does a shove in the back make it a dive? Unless you're willing to admit Murray dived for his second. I'm not saying either were/weren't penalties but they were both exactly the same contact and should have resulted in the same outcome. But you probably still would have beaten us anyway so it doesn't matter; I'm just pointing out the incosistency of the ref.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
well here's my brief take - we were well beaten by a very good side, we'll never know about the 11 v 11 bit but from my view that lot were by far the better team. Bolasie, Zaha and Murray were all excellent (Murray's was definitely a pen, cant believe anyone would argue it) and we didn't have anyone remotely near being good, never mind excellent.

No congratulations to them though, still hate em and just looking forward to evening things up at our place.:wave:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
1st penalty was a clear dive & 2nd soft at best. No matter you still won so as said before well done.

How was the second penalty soft?
Not facing or playing the ball, two hands on the player and pushes him over, soft???
He did the same in the first half and got away with it, it was a bizarre thing to do.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
No.

The second penalty was as clear a penalty as it would ever be possible to give. A blatant two handed shove on Murray from the moronic Greer. To give anything other than a penalty would have been a farce.

Kuskzkzkzkack was also lucky not to see red for the first penalty, and then for pushing the referee and shouting in his face when the decision was given.

How Brighton finished the game with more than 9 men I'll never know, although Dikgacoi could have been sent off too.
Can't moan about the fact we were beaten...but CMS was pushed in the back in the area....how come that was not a penalty?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Zaha was absolutely shit.

Bolasie was different class.

Murray is always a difficult player to deal with.

I don't think Palace were great at all, they had the rub of the green other than that they weren't a team you'd think is in the top 2.

They've not got the depth up top in their squad to go up, I think they'll finish around 8/9th.

If we had 11 men I think we'd have won by 1 or 2.

:lolol:

You're lucky in a way that you went down to 10 IMO, it meant you could park the bus without appearing negative. If you had of had 11 your fans would have demanded you come at us more and the way Bolasie was playing he would exploited the extra space left to him.

I bet deep down you think we are a play off team at worse, we already have 40 points and to normally make the play offs you need 72. So 32 points from 26 games needed, that is very obtainable.

The only thing I agree with in your post is that we need more strength in depth upfront but luckily for us the window opens in a month and the board have said we will be buying new players and not selling anyone, Zaha included.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The only thing I agree with in your post is that we need more strength in depth upfront but luckily for us the window opens in a month and the board have said we will be buying new players and not selling anyone, Zaha included.

The board can say what they f***ing want me ole china, unfortunately it's not always down to what the board wants. If a player's head's turned it's turned, no matter how many "I love being at this club" soundbites they throw out.

Sep 28, 2011

Bolasie was different class.

Murray is always a difficult player to deal with.

I don't think Palace were great at all, they had the rub of the green other than that they weren't a team you'd think is in the top 2.

They've not got the depth up top in their squad to go up, I think they'll finish around 8/9th.

Magnificent, and brought a true laugh and smile to my face, after it was slightly diminishing from yesterday.

Thankyou, kind Sir.:clap:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Deluded. If Dunk had stayed on the pitch by letting him run by it would have been 1-0.

Why would we have gone on to win by '1 or 2'? We haven't done that in 65 or so games since falling behind.

We were outclassed from the 1st minute.

TnL_CPFC

Jan 25, 2012
Was out of the country, so watched online and maybe saw more than what others may have at the game and in all fairness i did think you lot were a tad unlucky on the ref's decision making; some identical tackles/fouls were made (especially in midfield) and the ref just didn't want to know, whereas we would've been given a freekick. Admittedly, Murray did dive for the first pen but there was contact so had every right to go down. Absolutely over the moon with the win although i do think you going down to 10 men and 2 of our goals being penalties does take the shine off a bit (unlike last season at the amex). Also not sure whether the stream i listened to was placed by your fans or if it was genuine noise but i thought you were a louder than us too. Maybe the pressure was on us more than it was on you and we were a bit more anxious (who knows) but i know i certainly was.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Palace deserve credit not only for today but for being able to put in another good performance in a derby match. In 4 Championship seasons we've saved our worst performance of the season for Palace in 3 of them

100% This and f***ing annoying as i work with a bunch of palarse twerps! FFS Gus sort it out.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

You're lucky in a way that you went down to 10 IMO, it meant you could park the bus without appearing negative. If you had of had 11 your fans would have demanded you come at us more and the way Bolasie was playing he would exploited the extra space left to him.

I bet deep down you think we are a play off team at worse, we already have 40 points and to normally make the play offs you need 72. So 32 points from 26 games needed, that is very obtainable.

The worrying thing is we might well meet in the play offs....if you dont stay the pace and we find our goal scoring boots. Thought bolasie was excellent Murray what we expected. Barnes and CMS missed sitters (standard). Thought the ref got all the big decisions right. Sending off was a nightmare as it ruined what promised to be a pulsating derby. Dissappointed we havent performed in 4 out of the 5 last derby's. Lets see what happens at the amex in march.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
The worrying thing is we might well meet in the play offs....if you dont stay the pace and we find our goal scoring boots. Thought bolasie was excellent Murray what we expected. Barnes and CMS missed sitters (standard). Thought the ref got all the big decisions right. Sending off was a nightmare as it ruined what promised to be a pulsating derby. Dissappointed we havent performed in 4 out of the 5 last derby's. Lets see what happens at the amex in march.

Nailed on to be the play-off final. Would be MENTAL!

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Is that really any way to speak about Will Buckley, Eastleigh?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I'm not only envious of their strikeforce but the fact that they stole the St Pauli song and we didn't. It sounded fantastic and is one of the best footy songs I've heard. The Amex needs to get GOSBTS firing on all cylinders more often.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here