Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congrats Palace

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Sometimes you've got to be man enough to give credit when it's due. Yes they beat 10 men and yes they did so with a right back playing left back then centre half, yes their penalties were not penalties & should not have been given. However they won and look a very good side - Bolasie was outstanding and even outshone Zaha & we couldn't cope with Murray. So time to man up, congratulate them & be gracious in defeat.

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
Phil, you are man enough to admit it, you are right about Bolasie as well, my favorite player & compliments Zaha wonderfully but as to the penalties they were & if they were given to Brighton you would think the same. Still we have another game this season yet & I hope I will be able to get tickets for it.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
1st penalty was a clear dive & 2nd soft at best. No matter you still won so as said before well done.

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
Just saw them again on FLS, 2nd Murray was barged over so how is that not a penalty? 1st was a bit soft I guess but there was contact. We only lost one home game, the 1st one, I guess the return game will be a different matter & many a game before then...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Fair play. We were well beaten. It was a red card and they caused us no end of problems. Of course it might have been different if it was eleven against eleven but we'll never know will we? From the match that actually occurred we were beaten all ends up. Breaks my heart to say it but facts are facts.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Just saw them again on FLS, 2nd Murray was barged over so how is that not a penalty? 1st was a bit soft I guess but there was contact. We only lost one home game, the 1st one, I guess the return game will be a different matter & many a game before then...

The only contact for 1st pen was after Murray went down - it was a dive.

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
The only contact for 1st pen was after Murray went down - it was a dive.

I didn't record FLS so I can't argue with that yet, still would it have made any difference. I must say I did like your banner, quite funny. It is a shame your lads went quiet thou as you started out very well, you even got our 'family stand' going giving it back, which is normally dead quiet so well done there...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't see any menaingful analysis possible of a game that was 10 v 11 for 83 minutes, sorry.

Palace may or may not be a great team this season (they have surprised me, and have more good players than Zaha for sure), but this isn't the match to judge that, is it?

But it's not like Brighton were 3-0 down when the red card came out. An already very hard task became mission impossible in that moment.

However it's not like it was a dodgy decision, it was Dunk's fault that we lost the game, his error, and the credit I give Palace players is that they kept their composure, didn't make such stupid errors in a big-game atmosphere, and then played very well with what was left facing them.

Last edited:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Sometimes you've got to be man enough to give credit when it's due. Yes they beat 10 men and yes they did so with a right back playing left back then centre half, yes their penalties were not penalties & should not have been given. However they won and look a very good side - Bolasie was outstanding and even outshone Zaha & we couldn't cope with Murray. So time to man up, congratulate them & be gracious in defeat.

Weren't you the fella that was spouting off that the you would rather lose on against Bolton and Bristol City and beat Palace at all costs? Has today mellowed your thoughts? Were you there? I think 11 v 11 wold have been different picture,

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Palace deserve credit not only for today but for being able to put in another good performance in a derby match. In 4 Championship seasons we've saved our worst performance of the season for Palace in 3 of them

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Weren't you the fella that was spouting off that the you would rather lose on against Bolton and Bristol City and beat Palace at all costs? Has today mellowed your thoughts? Were you there? I think 11 v 11 wold have been different picture,

Yes did go obviously. Yes was desperate to win at all costs obviously. Yes we lost so I am giving credit to the opposition where due. Didn't realise being gracious & manning up was a hanging offence!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Congrats Palace
hmm.gif
No

Sorry that's going to far lol.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
When you come from the old school you never congratulate those pikey b4stards

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Even without the red card and the penalty decisions, we were nowhere near good enough to get anything from that game.

How can you say that from seeing 6 minutes of 11v11?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't see any menaingful analysis possible of a game that was 10 v 11 for 83 minutes, sorry.

Palace may or may not be a great team this season (they have surprised me, and have more good players than Zaha for sure), but this isn't the match to judge that, is it?

But it's not like Brighton were 3-0 down when the red card came out. An already very hard task became mission impossible in that moment.

However it's not like it was a dodgy decision, it was Dunk's fault that we lost the game, his error, and the credit I give Palace players is that they kept their composure, didn't make such stupid errors in a big-game atmosphere, and then played very well with what was left facing them.

Jeez, was the red card after only seven minutes? I didn't know that. Yeah, it was pretty much going to be an uphill struggle after that and in that case I'm surprised it wasn't 7-0 with the 'brilliant' Zaha scoring four. Don't think 'congratulations' is quite the right word; you don't really give out medals for shooting fish in a barrel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here