Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Chris Kaba .. Justice served ?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Point of order - the police were NOT aware that the driver was linked with 2 shootings. The car had been tagged as having been in the vicinity of a shooting incident (hence it being pulled over), but Kaba was not the owner of the car, and at the time of the shooting, they didn't know who he was.
okay then, I ask again but rephrased,

so tell me. You are the policeman with the gun. You and your colleagues lives are in danger of being killed by someone refusing repeatedly to get out of their car. Revving its engine. Clearly demonstrating that they will stop at nothing to get away. You are already aware said car was tagged as being in vicinity of recent shooting in recent days. You have a split second to decide what to do.….. What is it you choose?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

so tell me. You are the policeman with the gun. You and your colleagues lives are in danger of being killed by someone refusing repeatedly to get out of their car. Revving its engine. Clearly demonstrating that they will stop at nothing to get away. You are already aware said car was tagged as being in vicinity of recent shooting in recent days. You have a split second to decide what to do.….. What is it you choose?
Sure, I'm not arguing with you - I totally agree the officer took the right course of action. But it was worth pointing out that he shot him with no prior knowledge of who he was, or of his direct involvement in a recent shooting. That factor did not come into his thinking when he pulled the trigger.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Reads as a straight report on how people in the area reacted to the news to me.

I'd say that outside of those directly involved, the reaction of the police and "community" is the more important and interesting part of the story than the "gangster gets shot in the head while acting in a plainly dangerous manner" aspect.
It is the aspect which certain groups will latch onto ignoring the facts of the case. The outrage becomes the story and the context gets lost. It’s irresponsible.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can you provide a source for saying “The jury concluded they didn't feel the officer's life was at risk”?
If I said what I really think about that poster re the unsubstantiated inferences he’s making I‘d be banned…..still he seems to have a friend here

statement made yesterday by Khan…..sympathies to his friends, i wonder of what character they are

“I understand the impact Chris Kaba’s death has had on London’s communities and the anger, pain and fear it has caused. I send my heartfelt sympathies to Chris Kaba’s family, friends and the wider community once again.

“There’s clearly still a wider lack of trust in the police, particularly within the Black community, that needs to be addressed. As Mayor, I will continue to work with the Government to support and hold the Metropolitan Police to account to ensure any lessons are learnt and the Met commands the trust of all Londoners as we build a safer London for everyone.”

• Wow
Reactions: cjd

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It is the aspect which certain groups will latch onto ignoring the facts of the case. The outrage becomes the story and the context gets lost. It’s irresponsible.
Certain groups will latch onto anything, they're not the sort of people who get their news from the Guardian. And in any case, that article's well down the page compared to the main reports on the actual case (or at least, they were when I looked a few minutes ago).

Now, if and when they publish some shit-stirring opinion piece about this in the next couple of days, I'll completely agree with you. But I am interested in how people in the area react to a noted violent gangster being shot by police, because the fact that they apparently don't all react with "good riddance" as most people on here have done is in itself an important story that links into a lot of wider problems.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
so tell me. You are the policeman with the gun. You and your colleagues lives are in danger of being killed by someone refusing repeatedly to get out of their car. Revving its engine. Clearly demonstrating that they will stop at nothing to get away. You are already aware said driver is linked to 2 shootings in recent days. You have a split second to decide what to do.….. What is it you choose?
Their lives were not in danger, Kaba hadn't done anything wrong, he was being pursued by police so the situation was created by the police, he was unarmed so they presumed he may be armed. A car is not a lethal weapon. The only reason he would have been followed by armed officers is they suspected he had a gun, they don't pursue suspects because they think they might kill someone with their car.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Their lives were not in danger, Kaba hadn't done anything wrong, he was being pursued by police so the situation was created by the police, he was unarmed so they presumed he may be armed. A car is not a lethal weapon. The only reason he would have been followed by armed officers is they suspected he had a gun, they don't pursue suspects because they think they might kill someone with their car.
You’ve absolutely lost the plot. It just keeps getting worse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bang.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry old fruit. You have lost the plot.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton

Literally every word you have said in this thread is pure nonsense. Continuing to ignore posters requests for fact checking and continuing to post absolute tosh.

Car not being a lethal weapon is one of the most ignorant things I’ve ever heard, not to mention the Police ‘creating the situation’ - would you like them to ignore an ANPR ping from a vehicle that was involved in a crime?

Troll.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If I said what I really think about that poster re the unsubstantiated inferences he’s making I‘d be banned…..still he seems to have a friend here

statement made yesterday by Khan…..sympathies to his friends, i wonder of what character they are

“I understand the impact Chris Kaba’s death has had on London’s communities and the anger, pain and fear it has caused. I send my heartfelt sympathies to Chris Kaba’s family, friends and the wider community once again.

“There’s clearly still a wider lack of trust in the police, particularly within the Black community, that needs to be addressed. As Mayor, I will continue to work with the Government to support and hold the Metropolitan Police to account to ensure any lessons are learnt and the Met commands the trust of all Londoners as we build a safer London for everyone.”
Khan has miss-read the room on this occasion.

Sympathies with his long-suffering family and friends.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hunted out his statement after you posted this, what a load of nonsense - the police office was an afterthought - he seems gutted it turned out this way (hes not alone)
Very peculiar. I'm quite shocked, actually. He always seemed pretty level headed. He has no need to grandstand to the faux 'fam' either, given he presumably won't be standing again. Strange.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
In that case perhaps we should allow the police to shoot anyone in the head if they are considered bad uns?, reclassify cars as lethal weapons so anyone considered suspicious, had a brush with the law and driving a car, and lets be honest, you can see where is going, it would be sceuwed towards people of colour, that's enough to executed by the old bill? I don't think this is road we should go down
You don’t give up with your rhetoric do you. I get the impression that you have no time for law and order? love to see you face next time you have need to scream for a policeman having had some injustice performed to you.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
‘Their lives were not in danger’
‘a car is not a lethal weapon’ - are you sure? try telling that to the many people who have lost friends or family due to idiotic drivers who break the laws …….

why wouldn’t they suspect he may have had a gun if the vehicle had been tagged?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
A f***ing spoon is a lethal weapon if a nut job chooses to try and kill you with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here