Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Austin for £4M

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This will never happen. If Austin moves, it will be to the premier league.
Most people I speak to are of this opinion. However, nobody believed we had a chance of landing CMS when Leicester and West Ham were sniffing around.

Unfortunately, we did. :(

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Most people I speak to are of this opinion. However, nobody believed we had a chance of landing CMS when Leicester and West Ham were sniffing around.

Unfortunately, he did. :(

I get what you are saying and to a point this is true , However,

Austin has scored 3 times as many goals in the championship than CMS had when we signed him and Austin is a lot younger than CMS was.

I think more PREM teams will be in for Austin (as opposed to just 1 prem when we signed CMS) and for that reason I dont think it will happen.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Everyone thought CMS was premier bound before he signed for us. Maybe it's £4 mil and add ons if we go up? Do Burnley need the cash and would Austin prefer to come here and potentially be a legend in a promotion chasing side or a bench warmer in the Prem? Would imagine we would have to pay some serious wages that would probably make him the highest earner at the club. Also depends on how much TB wants to chase the dream this season or consolidate again and rebuild in the summer instead.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dont agree with the unfortuantely as I am sure that he will come good.
I'm sure that tiresome "team CMS" thread will be bounced next time he scores a scissor kick from 30 yards* so you can join in with the CMS love right there.

(and then the thread will drop like a stone for another month while he misses penalties, one on ones, and continues with his inability to hold the ball up)

This will never happen. If Austin moves, it will be to the premier league.

If he signs for us we`ll all be going to the premier league!! Does anyone know if he can play left midfield? I wouldn`t be surprised if we signed `The Striker` and also tried to get Wood back. Sounded like Gus would be interested after listening to him on `player`. That would soften the blow if it meant cms going.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
More chance of seeing Stone Cold Steve Austin at the AMEX

SYK4p.jpg

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Realistically we are more likely to get Chris Woods back for around £1.5M Loan up at millwall in jan
WBA won't keep him after jan so would think it could be a bidding war with us & millwall

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
BBC Sport - Charlie Austin: Burnley say striker is not for sale in January

Charlie Austin: Burnley say striker is not for sale in January
Burnley say they will resists attempts to buy Charlie Austin, the leading scorer in English football this season, during the January transfer window.

The 23-year-old striker has scored 22 goals in all competitions and is expected to attract interest from Premier League clubs next month.

But speaking at the club's AGM on Monday, chief executive Lee Hoos said: "We have no plans to sell Charlie.

"We do not want to sell Charlie and we would not encourage offers."

He continued: "We just want to keep Charlie and let him enjoy his football as he is doing right now and keep scoring goals and let's see where it takes us at the end of the season."

Burnley experienced a similar scenario last season, when a bid from Southampton for Jay Rodriguez was rejected in January but they allowed him to leave in June when newly-promoted Saints matched their valuation for the player, believed to be in the region of £7m.

Former Swindon striker Austin equalled a club record earlier in the campaign, scoring in eight consecutive appearances for the Clarets, and also became the quickest Burnley player to score 20 goals in a single season.

Meanwhile, co-chairman Mike Garlick has ruled out the possibility of a spending spree by the club in January.

Instead, manager Sean Dyche will be asked to explore the loan market if he wants to bring in any new players.

"I hate buying in January. It is not always the best time to buy, so January will not be a priority," said Garlick.

"We have quite a few players out of contract here. Sean has been here about eight weeks and is still very much fine tuning what we've got.

"There may be something in January for extra loans, but I don't think we are planning on any major activity."

Jamaican winger Dane Richards has already agreed a free transfer from Vancouver Whitecaps and will link up with the Championship club on 1 January.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'm sure that tiresome "team CMS" thread will be bounced next time he scores a scissor kick from 30 yards* so you can join in with the CMS love right there.

(and then the thread will drop like a stone for another month while he misses penalties, one on ones, and continues with his inability to hold the ball up)

The facts are that despite us not playing to his strengths, he has 10 goals in 19 games this season. I take the view that his workrate and energy levels means he can play with another striker (Austin would be great) and the team not suffer.

PG

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The facts are that despite us not playing to his strengths, he has 10 goals in 19 games this season. I take the view that his workrate and energy levels means he can play with another striker (Austin would be great) and the team not suffer.

PG
Exactly, at the moment he's on course to be the 20-goal a season striker we need

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

If we were interested in a striker whose ratio of goals was 1 every 2 games this seaon people would be creaming themselves over the thought of siogning him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here