NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
IMG_1821.jpeg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A full English Breakfast followed shortly with 3 pints of Guinness and then a roast with all the trimmings.
Now that’s brunch.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As inventions go this is up there with the wheel isnt it? British as well, apparenty. Two meals rolled into one; it's efficient. There's also the recent 'bottomless' variety for us to sneer at. What's not to like?

Post your brunch classics here.
Were you listening to RadMac on 6 Music this morning? There was an extensive discussion about brunch. The contribution I agreed with the most is that brunch is evil as it simply removes a meal from your three a day.

Many of the suggestions on here boil down to “breakfast for the lazy / alcoholic”.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Hang on a minute...If the Br part is breakfast, and the unch part is lunch (well thats what I thought it was) why can't a burger (which people have for lunch) be on a brunch menu??

I'm actually right with you both, that a burger isn't brunch, but if the definition of brunch is breakfast and lunch, then we do have to tolerate some luncheon interlopers on the menu? Unless I've completely got the wrong end of the stick...
Brunch is breakfast at lunchtime. Hence brunch. Lunch at lunchtime is just... lunch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
30 posts and n
Were you listening to RadMac on 6 Music this morning? There was an extensive discussion about brunch. The contribution I agreed with the most is that brunch is evil as it simply removes a meal from your three a day.

Many of the suggestions on here boil down to “breakfast for the lazy / alcoholic”.
Nope. Pure coincidence.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
I had the pleasure a few years back in celebrating an aunties birthday at the Landmark hotel in Marylebone with a champagne brunch.
It was an astonishing spread.
Being the glutton I am I was drifting in and out of consciousness I ate so much.
I’ve had an excellent Afternoon Tea at the Landmark - but that’s a different thread!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Eggs Benedict is my favourite brunch ever. Whilst I love avocado on toast, with a poached egg too, any old sausage can do that themselves, not sure why its become so popular...but a good hollandaise is a treat indeed, with a super good coffee....amazing!

You had me until coffee

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m still perfecting my perfect brunch but I am getting there.

Pan toasted sourdough, smothered in smashed avocado (or guacamole made to my own specification) a two egg quick fried omelette made with Yok Chan’s chilli oil and Sussex High Weald Dairy St Giles cheese. Fried baby plum tomatoes and soy/mushroom ketchup fried portobello mushrooms. Moroccan houmous. Spring onion. Still working on the Vegy sausage option.

IMG_3500.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Brunch at Waitrose in Horsham, mid morning on a Saturday, prior to going to the Amex,or to Gorings Mead. One of my very fave things to do, and a great way to start my wekeend

Until recently it was normally always a full English, lately though it has turned into Smashed Avocado, with a slice of bacon, and toast. Healthier so Mrs.C tells me . . ., and she is always right.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’m still perfecting my perfect brunch but I am getting there.

Pan toasted sourdough, smothered in smashed avocado (or guacamole made to my own specification) a two egg quick fried omelette made with Yok Chan’s chilli oil and Sussex High Weald Dairy St Giles cheese. Fried baby plum tomatoes and soy/mushroom ketchup fried portobello mushrooms. Moroccan houmous. Spring onion. Still working on the Vegy sausage option.

View attachment 190280
Goodness gracious me, a work of art l guess, normally people would just make do with cheese on toast and an egg on the side though l think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here