Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Brunch

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As inventions go this is up there with the wheel isnt it? British as well, apparenty. Two meals rolled into one; it's efficient. There's also the recent 'bottomless' variety for us to sneer at. What's not to like?

Post your brunch classics here.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
As inventions go this is up there with the wheel isnt it? British as well, apparenty. Two meals rolled into one; it's efficient. There's also the recent 'bottomless' variety for us to sneer at. What's not to like?

Post your brunch classics here.
IMG_1861.jpeg

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Eggs Benedict is my favourite brunch ever. Whilst I love avocado on toast, with a poached egg too, any old sausage can do that themselves, not sure why its become so popular...but a good hollandaise is a treat indeed, with a super good coffee....amazing!
Eggs Benedict when the eggs are cooked perfectly is one of my favourite meals. Outstanding

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Eggs Benedict is my favourite brunch ever. Whilst I love avocado on toast, with a poached egg too, any old sausage can do that themselves, not sure why its become so popular...but a good hollandaise is a treat indeed, with a super good coffee....amazing!
I love an eggs Benedict. Finch in Worthing do a great variation where they used ham hock and serve on crispy rosti rather than the traditional English muffin. Highly recommended.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had the pleasure a few years back in celebrating an aunties birthday at the Landmark hotel in Marylebone with a champagne brunch.
It was an astonishing spread.
Being the glutton I am I was drifting in and out of consciousness I ate so much.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
On the eggs front, I'd always go Royale, not Benedict. But, back in the day, the dream brunch for me and Mrs B was from Ha Ha, just by the Pavilion - three fried eggs on a generous bed of skinny chips :drool:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

The North Laine Cafe in Trafalgar Street does an amazing eggs benedict - highly recommended!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cannot argue with this.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
1728833471202.jpeg

Lots of fresh chopped fruit, greek yoghurt to start
Then Scrambled eggs with Salmon and half an advocado
Cold meats (salami’s and hams) and cheeses with German and Polish breads
Pastries - especially almond croissant
Gallons of fresh coffee

Ideally a meal that lasts for a good hour so holidays or Sundays only.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's the view on brunch menus that include dishes which really don't have any part of the breakfast bit at all, like a burger?

Each to their own and all that, but it strikes me more like offerings for those who don't really get brunch, but are dragged along by their brunch-loving friends and family.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
What's the view on brunch menus that include dishes which really don't have any part of the breakfast bit at all, like a burger?

Each to their own and all that, but it strikes me more like offerings for those who don't really get brunch, but are dragged along by their brunch-loving friends and family.
That would be the lunch bit of Brunch.

Cheese omelette

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here