Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Britains gay footballers

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
I think that if they had showed some of the other homophobic abuse like leicester away ''town full of faggots'' etc and the palace take it up the bum song that would of shown the bad side of the homophobic abuse

I dont personally see our song as homophobic, i see it as funny and a bit of a wind up.

To me taking it up the choccy starfish is more in relation to the 5-0 and 3-1 results than any personal habits yo may or may not indulge in.
Do brighton women who like to engage in a little meat missile mud bathing get all offended at our song too ?

D

Deleted member 22389

McGovern, sounds like he is living in the dark ages.

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 22389

watching it now on bbc3 - most of your fans interviewed were remarkably camp.

How is the Crystal Palace float coming along for Gay Pride?
The rainbow ribbons that you ordered from the site should be with you by Wednesday.

D

Deleted member 22389

Fist class twat is McGovern, great buffoon to interview

Yep. What was that stupid comment that he smelt nice. Just did not know how to handle the questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Have to agree a lot of this was staged -Close ups of fashion labels , shopping trips with her best friend - publicity vehicle and poor journalism. I can not believe she did not know of her dads actions previous to the show. John was not man enough to say he was wrong.
Also the "why is it acceptable to come out for rugby players " was a joke. Thomas came out after he retired.
We haven't had a flood of players come out since.
Thought it was very shallow - shame.

She's 22, which explains two things.

She would have been too young to remember he uncle killing himself at the time, and while admittedly she is off the generation to do a simple Internet search (presume that the interview she was kept away from is on YouTube or at least transcribed), it's reasonable to suggest her family never talk about it.

She probably had little to do with the filming style and it was standard bbc3 stuff really. It was very similar to most of the recent sex series that have been on, like some piss poor comedian who claimed to have slept with a thousand women or something.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
To be I honest I don't think there are any gay footballers . Sorry but football is just not for gays , I know lots of gay people and football just not their scene . BBC and pc brigade just desperately hoping a footballer does come out in the so called macho working class world of football , we've all acknowledge it's ok to be gay . Even Matt Lucas laughed at the gay Brighton chants , why do people keep making such an issue of it aaarrrgggghhhhh .
You're taking the piss right? :lolol: Or protesting just a little bit too much? ??? :albion2:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Was flicking about last night and switched over just as they were at the Amex so wasted the remainder of the hour watching it.

What a pile of crap it was.

Best bit was when Matt Lucas told her that her sensationalist crap she was trying to get a raise out of him (not like that) was actually just football banter.

She came across as a right **** as well, very much look at me in mini metro with my expensive shades, foreign mum and black dad. Very very very typical BBC. Was just waiting to her to come out a lesbian and all boxes would have been ticked.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apparantly he's "only having a bit of fun" ??? :lolol::lolol: ???
Well I realised he was either very stupid, or trying to be funny, but since it wasn't funny, I decide 'weird' covered either option.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Was flicking about last night and switched over just as they were at the Amex so wasted the remainder of the hour watching it.

What a pile of crap it was.

Best bit was when Matt Lucas told her that her sensationalist crap she was trying to get a raise out of him (not like that) was actually just football banter.

She came across as a right **** as well, very much look at me in mini metro with my expensive shades, foreign mum and black dad. Very very very typical BBC. Was just waiting to her to come out a lesbian and all boxes would have been ticked.

Harsh, I think it certainly started off with her acting a bit young/naive. She jumped to conclusions based on very few facts.
In particular, the fact that 3 rugby players would talk to her (at a charity do), but no premiership players would bother to go somewhere for an interview instantly meant that the problem was bigger in football. It might well be that the prem footballers get hounded for interviews every day of their lives rather than the fact that none want to discuss the matter at hand..

BUT.

As the program went on I thought she seemed to learn a lot, the way she confronted her Dad was pretty brave to be fair and in the end I thought it made for a really good, well-balanced program.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
In all seriousness , good show BUT it's clear the presenter had a set conclusion in mind before she set out , which is all well and good BUT I feel she asked the wrong questions to the wrong people (for example it would have been interesting to hear Brightons players POV on it and Millwalls fans POV on it )

but it did leave a massive question - what are sports like Rugby doing so well at helping gay players feel comfortable and not have to hide anything that Football isn't , and not coming very far in 20 years? - bar the recent isolated incidents we've overthrown many obstacles and it's become more of a family day out to go to football , and welcomes all walks of life , something that was only beginning to happen overall back then.

D

Deleted member 22389

In all seriousness , good show BUT it's clear the presenter had a set conclusion in mind before she set out , which is all well and good BUT I feel she asked the wrong questions to the wrong people (for example it would have been interesting to hear Brightons players POV on it and Millwalls fans POV on it )

but it did leave a massive question - what are sports like Rugby doing so well at helping gay players feel comfortable and not have to hide anything that Football isn't , and not coming very far in 20 years? - bar the recent isolated incidents we've overthrown many obstacles and it's become more of a family day out to go to football , and welcomes all walks of life , something that was only beginning to happen overall back then.

I have a real fear that some of the banter may actually hurt our support, i.e family stand. From what I have read, some of the language directed at our own supporters outside the match from away supporters this season, has been completely unacceptable. This is not being precious, its about the limits.

The question is what is acceptable and what is not acceptable as regards banter towards Brighton supporters.
Racism has a clear line, you just cannot make songs up about someones race, end of. You would get arrested and banned.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
To be I honest I don't think there are any gay footballers . Sorry but football is just not for gays , I know lots of gay people and football just not their scene . BBC and pc brigade just desperately hoping a footballer does come out in the so called macho working class world of football , we've all acknowledge it's ok to be gay . Even Matt Lucas laughed at the gay Brighton chants , why do people keep making such an issue of it aaarrrgggghhhhh .

Thats the funniest most ignorant post ive ever read...

Ive heard of a cpl of very well known prem players who have had gay encounters... There is no doubt that there are gay footballers....

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
John Fashanu has had 20 years to reflect on what an arsehole he was to his own brother and he still came across as the same arsehole he was 20 years ago. Never under estimate the power of stupidity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here