Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Britains gay footballers

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
To be I honest I don't think there are any gay footballers . Sorry but football is just not for gays , I know lots of gay people and football just not their scene . BBC and pc brigade just desperately hoping a footballer does come out in the so called macho working class world of football , we've all acknowledge it's ok to be gay . Even Matt Lucas laughed at the gay Brighton chants , why do people keep making such an issue of it aaarrrgggghhhhh .

Really? Football is not for gay people? Is that genetic or do they prefer less macho sports like rugby and/or basketball?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
There's quite a number of gay people on NSC, a fact which may have escaped you...

As goes thinking there's no gay footballers, who precisely are the people paying Max Clifford large sums of money to fabricate heterosexual relationships for the media for them? Which he's stated repeatedly does happen and which was mentioned in the show you probably didn't watch.

You beat me to it.
So Justin was the only gay man ever to play professional football??????

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
contact_banner.jpg

:drool:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
To be I honest I don't think there are any gay footballers . Sorry but football is just not for gays , I know lots of gay people and football just not their scene . BBC and pc brigade just desperately hoping a footballer does come out in the so called macho working class world of football , we've all acknowledge it's ok to be gay . Even Matt Lucas laughed at the gay Brighton chants , why do people keep making such an issue of it aaarrrgggghhhhh .

You're either on a wind-up, or you're as thick as pig-shit. I do hope it's the former... ???

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Great program. Really well done. Shame football is at the trailing edge of society when it comes to acceptance.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Really? Football is not for gay people? Is that genetic or do they prefer less macho sports like rugby and/or basketball?

Yeah loads of gays in rugby all that cuddling in the scrum , and most of em went to all boy public schools were there was every chance of becoming gay with no girls around

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yeah loads of gays in rugby all that cuddling in the scrum , and most of em went to all boy public schools were there was every chance of becoming gay with no girls around

I went to an all boys prep school. Thankfully, it seems, I was rescued from a life of homosexuality by girls joining us in the sixth form of my secondary school. A close shave!

I played a lot of rugby and I don't remember ever being subjected to cuddling. I remember a lot of punching, hacking and so on. Perhaps they were just looking for rough love and I missed their advances.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There was still a lot of pain there, you could tell. Very moving.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
What we need is for one of the female contributors on NSC to come on here and say the presenter is hot!

Interesting programme though, surprised they didn't mention Justin playing for Brighton when they filmed at the Amex.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
One thought occured to me whilst watching that programme is that over the 50+ teams that has played against us either this season or last (includeing cup games) their must have been some gay players that have played against us.

Wonder what they must think when they hear their own fans singing the gay chants to us...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The game of football is nowhere near as homophobic as some people seem to believe. Some people seem to imagine that the moment a professional declares himself gay or bisexual, that would spell the end of his career, as team mates and fans would disown him. Not so. After he came out, Fashanu played for Newcastle, Torquay, Aidrie and Hearts. OK, so it wasnt top flight football any more. However, his career was undone more by injury than being forced out for being gay. Together with the lack of support from his brother, the isolation Fashanu felt was probably heightened by the fervently anti-homosexual brand of Christianity that Fashanu associated himself with, and possibly had as much of an impact as general attitudes within the game. The threads on NSC over the last few days and this one also suggests fans generally are not living in the dark ages.

While professional footballers don't want to talk about it, I can't help feeling a gay footballer nowadays would be pushing at an open door if he was to come out as gay. The world is not as hostile as they may think.

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I couldn't help but think that the moment the FA woman started talking about concentrating on the grass roots was where she gave the lie to her own argument...

Ok, what is it the FA can proactive and practically do about the issue? The program seemed intent on trying to make the FA squirm but was not offering up the solution. Paradoxically when Ameche emphasised that most of the top brass FA were white was he not thereby implying that perhaps the black population are more liberal minded and therefore it was almost a form of racism based on his assumption.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The game of football is nowhere near as homophobic as some people seem to believe. Some people seem to think that the moment a professional declares himself gay or bisexual, that would spell the end of his career, as team mates and fans would disown him. Not so. After he came out, Fashanu played for Newcastle, Torquay, Aidrie and Hearts. OK, so it wasnt top flight football any more. However, his career was undone more by injury than being forced out for being gay. Together with the lack of support from his brother, the isolation Fashanu felt was probably heightened by the fervently anti-homosexual brand of Christianity that Fashanu associated himself with, and possibly had as much of an impact as general attitudes within the game.

While professional footballers don't want to talk about it, I can't help feeling a gay footballer nowadays would be pushing at an open door if he was to come out as gay. The world is not as hostile as they may think.

That is a good post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here