Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
For a multitude of reasons, that was the most thrilling, enjoyable and ultimately satisfying matches I have watched, in many-a-year. Kudos to every single person who made the atmosphere amazing (especially at the Amex) and to the entire team for putting in an incredible shift throughout. Hats-off to RDZ for taking a massive punt, too - long may it continue, and it just shows what we are really capable of, when we're in the right place, mentally.
Oh, and screw you, Potter, and the horse you rode in on. :)

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Well, I don’t normally engage in Albion threads on here as it’s not my place to do so, but having found myself in Hartlepool this afternoon, which is depressing enough in itself, having capitulated to a 2-1 defeat against the worst team in the football league, your result today genuinely raised a smile on my otherwise miserable face.

Pissed off with my own team but absolutely f***ing chuffed to bits for you lot. Hands up, my initial reaction of Potter to Chelsea was one of “you can’t really blame the bloke for going to a club that can win the Premier League / Champions League on shedloads more money” but there’s no doubt about it, he’s taken the f***ing piss and got everything he deserved today, with interest.

Will skip tonight’s EFL highlights and go straight to MOTD. Well f***ing done - what a great result against the treacherous bastard.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I know you shouldn’t really go onto opposing teams forum, but this is a post from a Chelskie on the Shedend; sums up Chelsea, a team that has spent c £250m so far this year (just on players - excludes managerial expenditure and the cost to buy a song off us today):

“feel we are at a bit of a crossroads, we either spend in January (probably overspend as well) to salvage a top 4 spot this season or we write this season off and then tear up this squad and re-invest in a new squad next summer.”

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know you shouldn’t really go onto opposing teams forum, but this is a post from a Chelskie on the Shedend; sums up Chelsea, a team that has spent c £250m so far this year (just on players - excludes managerial expenditure and the cost to buy a song off us today):

“feel we are at a bit of a crossroads, we either spend in January (probably overspend as well) to salvage a top 4 spot this season or we write this season off and then tear up this squad and re-invest in a new squad next summer.”

Posted 1 hour ago
That was down to Potter. Inept team selection (not for the first time). Only this time we were 3-0 down at half time and there was no time for Potter to fix his mistakes. He’s not as good as people say he is. That was as catastrophic a team performance as I’ve seen in a long time. It was like watching Kwasi Kwarteng in charge of the economy.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I haven't read the thread but I genuinely hope Swansman has taken this ok and not f***ed off. Been reading/posting on NSC for twenty years (mental) and i think he's a fascinating character and a great poster - compare to Watford O/Taffy ffs!

However today is one of the great days. Well done crowd. Well done De Zerbi. Absolutely sensational. Can't believe it

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Thought the booing was way over the top. What do you expect cucu, potter et al to do really? They are humans. Found it all a bit pathetic.

Great performance helped by the atmosphere ironically. But seriously we shouldn’t get above our station and think it unacceptable for employees to want to develop themselves. Good for them

3pts. Done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here