Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
People joined a club that represents everything that is wrong with football, and they did it with a timing and in a way that utterly betrays the people that gave them their opportunity. I'm not sure why anyone would think it's booing fans that's the problem as opposed to the immorality and avarice of Chelsea and their employees and owners. Are we supposed to politely clap them?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not read the thread. And not entirely sure where to post this. I have only just realised this and of course it’s my own opinion. I wasn’t sure how I was going to react today. But I really enjoyed it. I didn’t boo. But it made me think. And to be honest. I am surprised Graham with his degree hasn’t thought of this.

I realised that I felt like his leaving was almost like I have been grieving. I have experienced this for real and may seem dramatic. But I think todays performance , result and the way the crowd reacted is in some way a closure on the whole episode.

if Chelsea had come here and won. The whole Potter episode could carry on and over shadow us for months.

Personally I feel its closure. We are in the Roberto stage of our club. Potter is well and truly over. We can move on and build on that performance today.

I don’t have any animosity for any of them. I hurt for a while, but now I really don’t care . Ooooh Roberto de Zerbi!

good night. UT fooking Albion.
Very good post, that sums up my feelings too. It’s good to get all that negativity out of the system.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Oh really f*** off with That comment. Get a grip, they're pricks
They’re not though are they. Potter got himself a promotion that we all expected at some point. He took his back room staff with him which most managers do. Bruno and team were left with a choice of going with him and earning more money or facing a period of unemployment. No guarantee new manager wouldn’t bring his own staff.

Cucu got a dream move after an excellent season for us.

Boo yes but the levels of anger I saw yesterday were childish.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They’re not though are they. Potter got himself a promotion that we all expected at some point. He took his back room staff with him which most managers do. Bruno and team were left with a choice of going with him and earning more money or facing a period of unemployment. No guarantee new manager wouldn’t bring his own staff.

You're as bad as he is. His interview summed him up.

Without doubt our anger stirred up the team. If you watch the post match handshakes you'll notice some of our players barely acknowledge Potter. In fact McArgie brushed past him.

It meant something to the team and the fans. Anger can be a great weapon if channelled correctly. Yesterday was one such occasion.

Some of Potters comments that he signed most of our players shows him up for what he is, a prick.

barbus_max bhafc

Dec 12, 2021
Worthing

Are you for real or are you a Palace troll? Potter & Co got what they deserved yesterday, the fans spoke and if you don’t like it go away and don’t bother posting again as no one really cares what you think.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

Without doubt our anger stirred up the team. If you watch the post match handshakes you'll notice some of our players barely acknowledge Potter. In fact McArgie brushed past him.

It meant something to the team and the fans. Anger can be a great weapon if channelled correctly. Yesterday was one such occasion.

Some of Potters comments that he signed most of our players shows him up for what he is, a prick.
I get it I really do. But probs like you I was around when we booed archer and belloti. Totally justified in my opinion.

Yesterday was a similar level but I don’t justify it in the same way.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I get it I really do. But probs like you I was around when we booed archer and belloti. Totally justified in my opinion.

Yesterday was a similar level but I don’t justify it in the same way.
And as many have said including me we are far too nice, it’s great to see hostility channelled in a beneficial way.

one day we might even get refs to listen

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Chelsea fans.... some of the quietest we've ever had at the Amex? Literally just one go at singing their 'chelsea, chelsea, chelsea' song after they scored, but nothing else. And 80% of them had gone by 80 minutes. Really poor support for a 'big' club.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Oh piss off

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Which interview did he say he signed most of players

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We all needed that result. It did us all a power of good. De Zerbi, the players, TB, PB, the fans. It was the perfect goodbye to Potter and his team.

As Warren Aspinall commented, Chelsea did us a favour when they took Potter from us. It led us to go out and get De Zerbi.
Amongst his tactics, he targeted two players - Chalobah and Cucurella with Mitoma and Solly respectively. As a result we destroyed Chelsea in the first 45 minutes.

What is the overriding takeaway from that result?

We are going to be OK ! (And perhaps a lot better than just OK).

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
We all needed that result. It did us all a power of good. De Zerbi, the players, TB, PB, the fans. It was the perfect goodbye to Potter and his team.

As Warren Aspinall commented, Chelsea did us a favour when they took Potter from us. It led us to go out and get De Zerbi.
Amongst his tactics, he targeted two players - Chalobah and Cucurella with Mitoma and Solly respectively. As a result we destroyed Chelsea in the first 45 minutes.

What is the overriding takeaway from that result?

We are going to be OK ! (And perhaps a lot better than just OK).
Yes we did a number on chelsea 1st half with our wing play attacks down both flanks which worked a treat. It sems to me that Potter tried to use the same tactics 2nd half against us and pushed us back for a time but chelsea just were not good enough to sustain it (and our subs helped in chelsea not pushing more of their players forward.).

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
RDZ was playing in Europe in his last job, strongly suspect he wants to at some point be doing this too in his new job

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022

I disagree. If anything we need more anger channeled like yesterday. You could hear the crowd on TV all pulling in the same direction (something that Brighton games seem to rarely have unfortunately, at least from the TV viewpoint) and backing the players all the way. If we make every game like that at home all season the sky is the limit. Go back into our shells and it will be back to usual.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here