Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Thought the booing was way over the top. What do you expect cucu, potter et al to do really? They are humans. Found it all a bit pathetic.

Great performance helped by the atmosphere ironically. But seriously we shouldn’t get above our station and think it unacceptable for employees to want to develop themselves. Good for them

3pts. Done.
Give over; it's football - it's pantomime. Christ you should try watching football in Latin countries if you think simply booing a former employee (or 25 in this case) is pathetic

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Thought the booing was way over the top. What do you expect cucu, potter et al to do really? They are humans. Found it all a bit pathetic.

Great performance helped by the atmosphere ironically. But seriously we shouldn’t get above our station and think it unacceptable for employees to want to develop themselves. Good for them

3pts. Done.
Absolutely pathetic this. In my opinion. We were nasty from the off. And won. And you want What? to doff your cap, bow down and submit to those above your station?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

3pts. Done.
Oh really f*** off with That comment. Get a grip, they're pricks

Sarisbury Seagull

Solly March Fan Club
NSC Patron
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

3pts. Done.
Worst post of the day?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I was unable to attend the match, but the last post I read was number 80. 30 mins after the team sheet came out & myself included were thinking we were doomed! In my non saving elec way, I went out and left my pc on without closing the browser but was able to listen to the match on the wireless. I haven't viewed page 5 yet, it's apparently on 13 pages but as I haven't pressed refresh it could be 150 pages. I think my very drunken point is.. expect the unexpected with Brighton, it appears that it's not just a Potter thing now. Cotton Socks jnr is beginning to understand that expecting to win against Forrest is pointless, it's not our style. Expecting to demolish Chelsea is also pointless, but it's becoming more of our style! Booo to anyone that finds fault in todays performance, I'm only on page 4 so there will be at least 1!!!
To those that were there and whose voices came over the wireless in droves...... you were all amazing!!! :albion2::amex::albion:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

3pts. Done.
Why should fans be benevolent towards employees who put their personal career and wealth ahead of our club’s success? They’re perfectly entitled to do that, of course, but not to expect people to treat them in the same way afterwards. We’re humans too and heavily emotionally invested in Albion’s fortunes so what response would they realistically expect after a graceless, ill-timed departure to a graceless club?

Good luck to Potter in the future, whatever job he has next season.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

3pts. Done.
First match hun? :kiss:

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA

3pts. Done.
Well hey now I wasn't at the game, but I didn't know those that did boo were 'Getting above their station'(Whatever the hell that means).

We beat f***ing Chelsea and stuck it right in Potter, Cucurella, and the rest of the pricks Chelsea has faces and posts like this are just ridiculous.

Nice job calling fellow Brighton fans pathetic also(I'm sure you can detect the sarcasm)

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea

3pts. Done.
It wasn't. You're wrong. Why was it ironic that the atmosphere helped the performance exactly? What ever next, at football match of all places.. Let's do it more often, or would that be pathetic?

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
Not read the thread. And not entirely sure where to post this. I have only just realised this and of course it’s my own opinion. I wasn’t sure how I was going to react today. But I really enjoyed it. I didn’t boo. But it made me think. And to be honest. I am surprised Graham with his degree hasn’t thought of this.

I realised that I felt like his leaving was almost like I have been grieving. I have experienced this for real and may seem dramatic. But I think todays performance , result and the way the crowd reacted is in some way a closure on the whole episode.

if Chelsea had come here and won. The whole Potter episode could carry on and over shadow us for months.

Personally I feel its closure. We are in the Roberto stage of our club. Potter is well and truly over. We can move on and build on that performance today.

I don’t have any animosity for any of them. I hurt for a while, but now I really don’t care . Ooooh Roberto de Zerbi!

good night. UT fooking Albion.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I’m just in the door n the west of Ireland after one of the best football days ever. It felt SO good to wipe the floor with Chelsea so emphatically. Just a brilliant occasion throughout - we loved it, we revelled in it and just for tonight we deserved it all. Great display - have just listened to the first 20 mins of the 5 live commentary and they couldn’t praise us enough, singing sounded fantastic - Heaven. Well played RDZ and everyone - absolutely fantastic!!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Absolutely pathetic this. In my opinion. We were nasty from the off. And won. And you want What? to doff your cap, bow down and submit to those above your station?
Really tough line to draw here. There are those that really are a little overawed by the company we keep these days, perhaps they can recall the 50/60s?. Then there are the newer breed that hardly recall the Withdean, let alone The Goldstone! The latter sometimes seem to forget that we cannot match the top six in terms of spending power.

Personally after following the club through Div 3 and then 2 in the mid 70’s I was lucky enough to see our first stint in the top league. I also remember Chelsea being in a division below us, and Man City in the old Div 3. Whilst we have to have a healthy respect for the big boys, I steadfastly refuse to doff my cap to them, and it really pisses them off at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here